I think that I shall never see
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
A tree that looks at God all day,
A tree that may in Summer wear
Upon whose bosom snow has lain,
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
by: Joyce Kilmer (1886-1918)

Great poem and pictures, Robynne. There are some great trees in Blighty. Hug a few for me! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am actually surprised how many trees are the same over here in Florida, mixed in among the palms.
Paul
http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/
I love our trees even though they are really too big for our garden....I hugged the huge beech tree the other day and couldn't get my arms right round!
ReplyDeleteLovely poem...
Julie x
I love trees too, and like tha last commentor, the silver birch we have is too big for our garden, but the thought of reducing it isn't an option. We also have walnut, bramley apple, cherry, sadly the laburnum had to be removed last year due to disease but I am confident of replacing it with something else at some time.
ReplyDeleteSweet! Have a great Mother's Day weekend!
ReplyDeleteWonderful images, especially that first one. Thankyou thankyou for telling me who that poem was by. I must have learnt it at school, but I had forgotten everything but the first two lines and sometimes it would come into my head and I would think I must look that up, but you have saved me a job. It is quite lovely. Love Linda x
ReplyDeleteLovely
ReplyDelete