Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jamie's Italian


Hi there, have I got a treat for you...I'm taking you out for lunch...
in Cambridge!
 


Through this door is Jamie's Italian Restaurant..
which we found totally by accident...
wandering around Cambridge last Sunday...with our friend from Australia....


Of course the minute I arrive somewhere I have to eat,
and our friend really needed a red wine...so in we went...


I was so excited when I saw the interior,
and madly started running around taking photos...


The fit out of this grade II listed Guildhall is fabulous,
and the place has a great vibe...


I arrived back at the bar to find this beauty waiting for me..
a Rossini...prosecco and seasonal red berries.
Needless to say it was delicious and really hit the spot.


And then from my perch on a barstool I spotted this young lass
making fresh pasta...we all made the decision there and then
that we were having a pasta dish for lunch 
as it wasn't gonna get much fresher than that!


Into the larger dining hall we went...
flooded with natural light from the restored central dome...


with tall columns and beautiful architectural details...


There was a great atmosphere and fantastic looking creations were going by...


and we were starving... so we promptly ordered 
a couple of tins of tomato puree...


just joking...these were used to support our seasonal meat antipasti...


served on a plank!


Yummy!

This was followed of course by pasta, which we inhaled as fast as we could
...sorry no photos...I was too busy stuffing spaghetti bolognese
with a beef ragout sauce, into my mouth!


Oh, except for this photo of the ladies room...
I had to show you these gorgeous sinks and taps. 

Robx


Linking up with Sarah at Good Life Wednesdays.
 
Good Life Wednesdays

11 comments:

  1. That was totally lovely and jealousy inspiring.

    lucky lucky you.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with flwrjane...I'm feeling green with envy. So nice of you to share your beautiful photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!
    Love the ladies room with the big sinks....
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing!

    I really like those industrial looking taps. Food looks great too.

    BTW - Heathmont.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jamie Olivier, especially his series "Jamie At Home" (have it on DVD).
    What a great venue for a restaurant! I would be torn as well whether to eat or to take photos :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Robynne you've brought back memories. We went to the same restaurant during our 2 year stint in the UK. I loved the beautiful timber planks that they serve the antipasto on. I tried so hard to convince them to sell me one but all I managed to get was a handful of fresh pasta wrapped in one of their tea towel napkins. Not complaining - the pasta was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woaah way to go Jamie! The decor is stunning and that anti pasti omg! Thanks for taking your camera and sharing. Thanks too for your lovely comments and great advice, "foofing" I will look forward to!! Love Linda x p.s. the bread looked amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place and great pics you took. Love the vintage looking taps in the ladies room. Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing restaurant - so many things to love about it - the stained glass round windows, the groovy anti-pasta serving style and those fabulous sinks in the bathroom. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job you had your camera to share. It all looks amazing.
    Re your comment about the welshcakes - yes, they were the burnt ones! I haven't told Neil, but I quite like them well done!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place, Jamie has alway had a such a fresh approach to food and those sinks and taps are amazing x

    ReplyDelete