Monday, May 23, 2011

Bookish

I love to decorate with books, and after coming across a lovely blog 
called My Design Chic with stunning photos of the most
amazing books....


I was inspired to post about my collection...
just as they are...scattered around the house...



I love the strong black colours on these spines...



 and these two old bibles are special, one belonged to my Mum,
and the other belonged to Paul's Mum.



I loved this one for the simple gold script across the front...



This collection is half of a set that my girlfriend and I bought together
and split in half....she has volumes 1-8!



I often use books to elevate an item for display...



A couple of german books in black and my old 'children's bible'.



This beautiful red book 'View of Glasgow' is a favourite for it's
bold gold embellished cover.



What the Dickens!...12 volumes picked up in Wales for a song...



Old coloured school books...



The 'infamous' french paperbacks found in a park in Paris...



will work well with my existing collection...



some of which have found a home in an old wire basket.



Navy blue...for a change...tatty and gorgeous!



Look at these lovely spines...



works of art in themselves!



And this pretty green ... Holiday Chaplet!

Robx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, interesting collection Robynne, I particularly like the first black ones and the ones with red and blue on the spines. I also love ones that I have seen in magazines...turqoise paper covered books and pale sort of creamy leather books. All just lovely. Have a great week, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection, love the photo with the French books in the old wire basket, next to a cosy chair, perfect place for it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you must've read my mind today! I just started collecting vintage books and I'm struggling a bit with how high to stack and how not to cover up the pretty covers on some of them. These were wonderful and helpful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. For me a house without books is cold and uninviting. I have 48 boxes with books still unpacked after my move from Canada (they are waiting until we buy a house, not enough room in the apartment). I don't have lovely old specimens like yours though. I really like how you use them around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked out your link, gorgeous books indeed. You can't help it if you have expensive taste! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using books for interior decoration ever since I began collecting as a child. I love old books, hand-tooled bindings and gilt decorations. We have a large glass fronted case full of them, and piles of them around the house. I love the feel and smell of them.
    Maggie (mrsrunofthemills.blogspot.com) commenting as 'anonymous' as this is the only way to leave comments if you are affected by the latest blogger problem.

    ReplyDelete