Friday, May 20, 2011

Sky Watch Friday...No. 1.


I have been lurking around this site for some time
planning to submit a photo when I had something worthy...


Taken with the 'old' camera...these shots were an attempt
to capture a truely stunning sunset,
one evening in March.


Initially spotted through the trees, 
I had to race around to the church graveyard for a proper view...


so that I could photograph this brilliant orb sinking into the murky mist...


out over the Buckinghamshire countryside...


To see some truely amazing pictures click on Sky Watch Friday below
to see some real photographer's work...

9 comments:

  1. wow! look at that sun! amazing photographs! lucky you for capturing that! :)


    CLEAR, BLUE SKY and RAINBOW
    Hope to see you at my pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunset and great photos Robynne, I especially love the last one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours! Most times I think we just forget to look up and appreciate whats there. Today I'm appreciating the gorgeous sun and 21* weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly amazing! Gorgeous colour sun set off nicely by the grey mist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pink. I especially like the first photo: black branches on the background of pink sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I meant the 2nd photo :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my computer is doing my head in, it's just being contrary, couldn't get the sky watchers to work. Nevermind I'll try later. Your photos are wonderful. Enjoy a relaxing Sunday, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dramatic photographs. There's something so evocative about a sunset. They don't look the same here in Florida!

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning sunsets, Italian restaurants in Cambridge, Paris, thatched cottages, beautiful peonies and London, boy you were busy in the few days I was absent from the blogsphere. Thanks for some lovely posts.

    ReplyDelete