Thursday, June 9, 2011

Peonies for Alice

I'm back...and guess what...I've got more Peonies 
because they are bloomin gorgeous! 


My Dad had one Peony bush back home...
and he nursed it for something like 8 years
until it finally flowered...
every year we would be ushered outside to admire
the one and only Peony on the bush.


I used to pretend to be enthusiastic about this
particular flower...
after all it was a bright citrusy yellow colour...
not really my cup of tea.


It wasn't till I moved to England
and really experienced their true magnificence
that I could really appreciate the Peony.


Now I can't get enough of them...


To Alice, back home in chilly Melbourne..
hope you're feeling better.

I'm off for a walk to photograph all the other
'bloomin marvellous' flowers in our village.

7 comments:

  1. Both your peonies and your living room are lovely.

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely Robynne, your home too. I know what you mean about the yellow ones, quite hard to place in the garden, have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peonies. They remind of my Mom. She had white peonies in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more , they are just frilly perfection! Have a great weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't get enough of gorgeous peonies!! thanks for a dose of pretty today - they look so lovely in your room :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back - pop on over to my blog - I've sent something your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blooming gorgeous is right! And they look lovely in your living room!

    ReplyDelete