I recently purchased a beautiful book as a going away present for a friend
who has been living here in the U.K....and is about to depart to fairer shores....
"Country"
is a beautiful coffee table book, compiled by Jasper Conran
that really celebrates life in England...
as well as plenty to 'reed'...
The photography is captivating....
every day objects displayed to perfection....
floral wonders..
vegetable societies...
quirky characters...
including 'men with meat'...
and 'happy' families
?
As you would expect, there are of course some magnificent interior shots ...
and this beautiful painting of a little boy at the seaside.
This book has everything...even a little bit of 'bull'.
Of course I announced that I will have to have one for myself...
can't wait till we leave the country...hubby hopefully suggested it would be a good
Christmas present...fat chance...I cant wait till then!
Jasper Conran could not have produced a more diverse
or visually inviting look at England...
a lovely pictorial souvenir...
or visually inviting look at England...
a lovely pictorial souvenir...
loving. loving! i want to see more. i've never been to your country but hope to visit soon. i'm writing down the name of this book.
ReplyDeletehugs.
michele
Aaaah, what a sweet, sweet present. I've heard about that book - and even felt tempted - so it's lovely to have a 'proper' look inside!!
ReplyDeleteSarahx
That is very diverse, part big britain and part little britain... love the 'men with meat' and that really stunning little painting x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful book, thanks so much for sharing! The front cover says it all for me....can't resist a tree lined country road!
ReplyDeleteLovely day, Kerry
Beautiful book and you know you have selected the perfect present for your friend, when you want one for yourself. I blow my budget constantly on such purchases, one for them, one for me.
ReplyDeleteFun
Helen Tilston
Wait? Jasper Conran the Debenhams designer? The book looks lush (see me using words only truly understood by those raised in the West Country). It's the kind of book I would have spent hours looking at as a kid.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift! Nice to get a few peeks inside. Definitely something I would enjoy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab book! As an avid photographer, I can appreciate a good photo book. That one looks lovely.
ReplyDelete