Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kitchen party

I've been invited to a kitchen linky party hosted by the 
inimitable Sarah, of Modern Country Living...
so I'm going to show you around my little kitchen in our English rental house....


Firstly, this corner by the window is where I am always
faffing about...changing the scenery....
I use an old round French bread board as a base
to arrange some paraphanalia...


and I usually have a bunch of flowers
or at least some sort of greenery to soften it.


Scattered around the rest of the kitchen is an assortment 
of vintage bits 'n bobs... some of which I've found locally,
but a lot of it I brought with me from Australia.
These sieves are great as this predominantly white kitchen 
needs a bit of warm wood going on...


 These little French cannisters came with me from home
and have done a round the world trip...
ending up where they started...back in Europe.


This lovely cherry red pudd'n bowl sits on top of my
microwave... it's from the 'Jamie at Home' range...
now if you want some really gorgeous and practical
kitchenware, go to one of these parties...


Luckily there are lots of open shelves in this kitchen
which enables me to display my bits and play around when I get bored with it all...


although, I have to agree with Sarah...
open shelves can be real dust catchers...


Another favourite, from home...this little cabinet with a silver framed mirror on the door..
a good place to stash those odds 'n ends...


My other big bread board is very handy...
and when not in use lends a bit of rustic charm...


This is where I keep all my 'dregs'...
for cooking purposes only!


My other seive, which is hanging on the wall...
this was sent to me by my lovely friend in Australia...
she knew I would love the label...


and finally, behind the door, a beautiful frilly linen apron,
made by a lovely lady back home...

Well that's it...if you would like to see more kitchens
pop over and say hello to Sarah...




If you would like to have a look at the beautiful new kitchen
I left behing in Australia...
with my kids...have a look at this post.

23 comments:

  1. I loved your Australia kitchen AND I really like this one too. So much style - in TOW DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!

    I really like the idea of your dregs holder. I often seem to have wine that needs using up. Not sure what that says about me... moving swiftly on!!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your bits n bobs Robynne especially those cannisters... and wow your kitchen in Australia is wonderful .. I do hope they are looking after it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many great items in your kitchen! Stopping by from Sarah's kitchen party and lovin all I am seeing in blogland today. Your Australian kitchen is great too,,,I can see why you miss it so much. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen here and especially the one in Australia ..... how could you tear yourself away from a brand new kitchen, did you cry? I would!!

    I hope you're enjoying this lovely country and making lots of great memories to take home.

    Love Marge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. I think I need up my expat decorating game. So glad to have come across you from Modern Country Style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bits and pieces in your kitchen, so pretty and rustic :) your other kitchen is wonderful!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right about the wood adding warmth to a white kitchen. I love your use of breadboards - they do anchor the displays.

    I'm off to explore your other kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love your style, I love your blog! I am your newest follower!!! Warmest wishes - Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so much fun to see your kitchen. I really liked the cabinet with the mirror on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bits and bobs in your kitchen are very pretty, I love just about anything that's vintage.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooooo charming. love your photography and style! partying with you at Sarah's today.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous items, I especially like the old sieves, bread boards & your canisters....Lovely! We were expats in Fiji for four years and I know what it is like to miss Australia! Great experience though, I am your newest follower and looking forward to sharing your journey with you.
    Best wishes from Melbourne, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nest continues to be inspiring and v. inviting.

    I still need an intro to your Australian friend:)

    xoxo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely kitchen! I love your vignette by the window! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. G'day fellow Aussie! Love your warm wooden sieves and things! Hope those red touches are keeping you warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I love your things in the kitchen, especially the cabinet with the silver framed mirror, if you ever get bored with it, I could always find it a home. have a lovely weekend.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your vintage touches. That French bread board is fabulous! And I love those canisters that made the world tour. Your English kitchen is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I love your frilly apron. So sweet. Visiting from Sarah's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just have to see if I can find one of those sieves! Love all your bits and bobs. Greetings from Far North Queensland! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kitchen is lovely. I especially like the sieve and the ruffled apron.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, I have been here on your blog before, it is really nice! I'll be back.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your collectibles and the way you display them. I think I like the sieves the best.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful post! Your kitchen is lovely. The collectibles are gorgeous.Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete