Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Flower for Auntie Norma

Today I'm sending...yes...more peonies to 
a lovely lady back home in Melbourne...


She is a very talented lady...who has been decorating
with secondhand finds and vintage bits 'n pieces for as long 
as I've known her...nearly 40 years! 


As a young woman I loved visiting her home 
to see what she had acquired,
or if she had recently re-decorated a particular room,
repainting...moving furniture around...


In fact, not all that long ago I spied those telltale bruises 
on her upper arms and I knew what she had been up to
because when I shove push heavy items of furniture around...stooped over...bum in the air...
I end up with bruised arms where the furniture rested...
now she's not over the hill by any means...
but she isn't a spring chicken either....
and I had to laugh...thinking that I hope I'm still rearranging and pushing furniture around my house at her age!


Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Those flowers are a beautiful gift.
    Love your blog and your logo of the robin. Have a lovely weekend
    Helen Tilston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey try and keep them fresh for Flowers In The House this Monday, K?

    And have a wonderful weekend.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a brilliant thought, that I will still be moving furniture forty years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always wanted to move things around and it drives my husband mad. Your flowers are lovely and love it with the vintage typewriter, have a good weekend Robynne :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your peonies are gorgeous!!! I love them so much, mine have just blossomed in the garden and I am going to bring some in later today.
    I would love to have a vintage typewriter like yours! Gorgeous!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete