Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Awards

Today I want to acknowledge four lovely women who have each sent a blog award my way....

 ***

Marnie from 3 pickles, is from my home town of Melbourne in Australia, in fact I suspect she lives quite close to our family home. She writes about her life with 3 little boys in tow...and she kindly sent me this 'Versatile Blogger' award...


Thanks Marnie.

I would like to forward this onto Paul at "from sheep to alligators". He is a Brit, currently living in Florida and he is fascinated with alligators...photographing them in their natural environment, which often happens to be in suburbia. He also chronicles his observations of American life and how it differs from life here in England. Definitely a good read!

***

Lisa Roy  is a Canadian who has recently moved to Dubai. Her photos of this vastly different city are amazing and you can follow her exploits and quest for new digs via her blog where she describes herself as .."a designer obsessed with pretty things, beautiful spaces, interesting places and ...handbags!"...she has kindly sent this lovely award my way...


 Thanks Lisa.

I am sending this award onto Robyn from "Out of Ours". Along with her family she has made the move from England to Melbourne, Australia and in fact lives in the exact area where my kids went to school...not far from our family home. I love reading her stories and seeing her photos of very familiar sights and have to admit that I have a good laugh sometimes as she struggles with the lingo and some of our strange customs.

***

The Liebster Blog award is given to newbies with less than 300 followers and was very kindly sent to me sometime ago, by a lovely lady named Linda from "Flowers on my Table". Linda lives in Ireland and like myself, loves French and Scandinavian country style.



 Thanks Linda.

I would love to send this onto Zosia at "Polonica: Home Again". Zosia has lived for many years in Canada and has recently returned to her home country of Poland and through her new blog is rediscovering her old stomping ground.

I am going to send this award also to Beth at "A Welsh Girl in Australia". Beth is another expat living in Brisbane and is bravely facing not only the challenges of a new country but all that tropical Queensland has to offer...snakes, spiders, jelly fish, sand flies, budgie smugglers etc....(not wanting to put anyone off Australia at all)...

***


Lastly I would like to thank JoAnn from "...and Bob's your Uncle", who kindly sent me this award back in March. She describes herself as "a Minnesota girl hanging  in England for a while" and blogs about a range of topics as she experiences life in her adopted country.

Thanks JoAnn.




I would like to forward this award onto Deb at "The fisherman's cottage"...she is over Norfolk way...a place that is definitely on my list (especially as it has a great French Antique shop)...I love reading about her vintage finds and her photographs are lovely.

***

Before I go, one of the conditions of accepting these award is that I have to divulge 7 things about myself....so if you really want to know...


1. I love food, preferring savoury to sweet...and usually I have a second helping.

2. Sparkling wine is my drink of choice...be it Champagne, Prosecco or Cava...

3. My favourite day out would consist of fossicking around junk shops or
collectible fairs...

4. A perfect night out would include dinner at a nice restaurant, a good movie at
the cinema followed by a sleepover in a fancy hotel.

5. Love to watch Episode IV of Star Wars...I know your opinion of me has just
gone out the window!

6. My first imaginary love affair was when I was in primary school...the object of
my affection being Davey Jones from The Monkeys.

7. Getting back to food, I would love to do food styling...that's of course as
long as I get to eat it too.

***

7 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad I stumbled across your blog. I also love Lisa's blog as well as sparkling wine, savoury food, junk shops and dinners followed by hotel. I'm looking forward to following along:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I can relate to "Davey Jones". I too was in love with Davey Jones. Love the name of your blog.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - look at you!! congrats on all the awards - you're a very popular gal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello:
    This looks like a full sweep at the Oscars! Congratulations on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Robynne for the award so lovely that you should think of me :) and well done on all of yours, well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robynne, Congratulations! Well deserved.
    Thank you so much for the Liebster Blog award. I was away from blogging for a few days and fell behind with reading the blogs I follow. It is so kind of you. I really appreciate it.
    I am new to this, so am not sure, do I need to do anything other than pass it on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you really did give me an award, I thought you were joking! haha!

    Congrats on your award too!

    I guess I am supposed to forward the versatile blogger award on now, am I? Hmm, let me think... :-)

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete