I am of course talking about a squirrel. Not having these cute little creatures in Australia, I find them fascinating...far more interesting than kangaroos or koalas!
I thought I'd give the little critter a helping hand (and a photo opportunity), so I collected a tub of walnuts and left them in the garden, then I proceeded to lurk around with camera in hand. Now this is no mean feat trying to get a shot of a squirrel, because they are very nervous, extremely high strung and very very quick. They twitch and shudder, ever watchful, ready to take off at the slightest noise.
But I persevered and got the little blighter!
He would then scramble back over the fence, adjusting the nut in his mouth before he took off.
Or he would simply bury them in our garden and lawn.
Of course the you-know-what is going to hit the fan when he comes back in winter and digs up our front lawn looking for his nuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment