Monday, April 11, 2011

Walking with my new friend.

I took him for a walk yesterday...'Cam'...that's my nickname for my new camera. I needed to play around a bit with him...you know..try and work him out...



and it was a glorious day in Ole Blighty...warm and sunny and nearly green.


It may be dull and grey here in Winter, and perhaps at times in Spring, Summer and Autumn...but when the sun comes out and the sky is blue the English countryside is magnificent.


Even the bare trees were looking good...I did say England was 'nearly' green...


and if you look closely enough even the lichen is colourful.


The daffs are still in flower...growing wild in the woods...


and red tulips are starting to make an appearance.


All in all, Cam and I had a lovely walk.

4 comments:

  1. I think you and Cam will get along really well and I can see a a beautiful friendship developing here...
    Enjoy the Springtime.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't dead and bare trees wonderful subjects? They just look boring from a distance and to most people, but get up close and as you say, the lichens are pretty, and there is something fantastic (as in fantasy-like) about the skeleton. I have a favourite photo I took of a dead tree, looking like some giant lumbering out of the woods.
    And I agree that when the sun shines, this is indeed a green and pleasant land at this time of year. Sadly, it's about to leave us here in Norfolk and there is a distinct bite to the wind this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy walks and making memories to you and the Cam. I am secretly jealous, I have Canon Power Shot SD600 and waiting for the day I can get something with more options. It will happen. I still have to learn more about photography while waiting.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your new shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great! can't wait to see more of your photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete