Thursday, April 14, 2011

Defining my blog.

Today Sarah at Modern Country Style is hosting a link party called 'Define your blog'...so I thought I would try to describe mine in a nutshell snapshot.


Isn't he cute...I chose the Robin for the obvious reason that it is my name. But coincidentally the Robin has become a bit of a focus for me, living here in England. I had never seen an English Robin until I moved here...I only had an insight into these cheeky birds via the movie "The Secret Garden" and the funny thing is that the first day I arrived here I heard a Robin singing and instantly recognised it's call from that movie.


This little fellow here was photographed in Devon. He actually sat there quietly allowing us to snap away...



I was delighted to find that we had a pair nesting in our garden last spring. The male, I later found out, will stay in his territory all year...as a result this cheeky boy was still hopping around when the snow fell at Christmas. Click here for more cute Robins.



My blog however, is not just about Robins, as cute as they are. I find myself snapping away at the most mundane things...that are really very English...Click here to see my post 'Red'.



Living in an English village is a wonderful opportunity for a family of Aussies... throw in some snow and we're as happy as 'pigs in mud'! Click here for a snowy post.



More often than not, I end up prattling on about vintage finds...after all England is full of  great 'old stuff'! Click here for more old stuff.



Exploring my new country is great fun, and I like nothing better than to head into London with my camera taking shots of streets and buildings, as well as shop windows and of course the interiors where possible. Click here for a tour of Chelsea.




When we get the opportunity the family and I will head over to Europe and there is never-ending photo opportunities there...here for more magnificent scenery.


Well that's it for now...I hope you enjoyed my 'snapshot'...if you would like to see more click on the box and join the party...





10 comments:

  1. Robynne, I love your little robin. I am from Ireland and now live in Canada and miss those little guys. You will find them to be great garden companions. My mum had one named Perky (Ok we named him) and he would actually come into the house to visit. One year his nest fell and we gathered the babies and placed them in a box on the windowsill and he and the Mrs fed them there every day. We kept them inside at night to protect them. Perky and the Mrs would be there first thing in the morning to feed them again :-)
    I miss those little characters so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little blog. I rarely comment. Actually, I'm not sure I ever have.

    Don't change it, though.

    It's sweet and pleasant, a lot like the sounds of those Robins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am joining Sarah's lovely party from my vintage apartment in Chicago. So glad you joined, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey
    Link #26

    ps. Love your story about The Secret Garden. And your adventuresome spirit as an expat is very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos... and you have snapped all my favourite things about Britain :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE robins too! We have one especially cheeky one who is forever flying into our house!! Apparently, they're incredibly terratorial and often fight to the death. Who'd have thought?!!

    I love all that you share about your life here. Your gorgeous style, your thoughts about life in the UK, your fabulous finds. Yup, I'm a total fan!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh we used to see Robin's all the time as well up in the Midlands. They'd sit on our back fence and sing away for ages. Nothing at all like the squawks you hear here.
    Oh, and I've been taking some "quintessential" pics of Melbourne as well. Watch my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog and seeing how you view my homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, those salt and pepper shakers and the red letter box and the winter cottage - I love coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images Robynne, I especially love the snow and the little robins, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images! I love seeing the mundane things in foreign places too - it makes you appreciate the simplest things :)

    ReplyDelete