Bonjour!
Today we are going to take a tour around Musee de Louvre, or at least a small part of it. The Louvre is so big and has such an extensive collection that one could spend a month walking around it...exploring, investigating and just admiring the absolutely beautiful exhibits. So we are going to visit just a few areas of this vast collection....
Sculptures
Isn't she beautiful...
Such a moving scene..
Through a door...
into Napoleon III Apartments...
Magnificent!
The most intricate cornices...
Triomphe l'oeil at it's best!
The detail on this table is exquisite!
Amazing tapestries!
Delicate and marvelous glassware.
Bling!
The box would do just fine!
And finally a couple of favourites...
And finally a couple of favourites...
Venus de milo
and a lady who needs no introduction...
...she smiled at me!
Au revoir!
Au revoir!
I've spotted a few things there that would look good in my house. Were you shocked at just how small The Mona Lisa is, or did you know already?
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post, I really enjoyed the visit!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, have you noticed that The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows?? ;)
Such beauty.. thats what I call a chandelier and those cornices.. all lovely x
ReplyDeleteSo much artistry and craft knowledge went into making those objects - the makers of those thing were so talented. Thank you for showing us a glimpse of the treasures.
ReplyDeletewas glued to TV for hours eventually went to bed at 11.30 I thought Kates dress was beautiful. So elegant and very suitable for a church wedding.. Some of the guests outfits were lovely, some so-so and many were just atrocious. Did Posh think it was a funeral? Glad the weather improved . Love to you all Oh by the way I enjoyed Paris.
ReplyDelete