My husband is going to kill me, but I just couldn't resist...couldn't turn my back on him and walk out of the shop...couldn't leave him sitting forlornly on the floor...waiting for someone else to snaffle him up...
I already have a small, portable version...but this big old bloke is far more impressive....
He was born around 1925 and he's in pretty good nick considering his age...
It's so funny seeing my son's reaction to such an archaic looking machine...he is fascinated with the ribbon and the keys! This computer savvy generation can't quite fathom that in the days of no word processing or laser printers this was it!
No matter how smart his mac may be nothing's quite as handsome as this old guy!

oooh nice...! I don't think I would have been able to resist that either.
ReplyDeleteHappy Australia Day to you Robynne. x
Wow!
ReplyDeletehe is GORGEOUS!!!
ReplyDeletecome on your husband may just love him as much as you do!
& it's a good lesson in history and communication for the kiddos!!
you did sooooo good Rob!
happy australia day....what a thing to buy in ol'blighty on australia day!!
hugs melissa xxx
That's a beauty! I have been looking for something similar for a while now, but they are pretty expensive here in the states. Looks like you got yourself a treasure, Marcia in California
ReplyDeleteOMG it is GORGEOUS. I want one!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is lovely. I want one so bad. I'm especially fond of the vintage CURSIVE ones I've been seeing all over Etsy!!!
ReplyDeletexx
Rebekka
I want one! Do I sound envious? I am. It looks darling sitting on that little white end table. I can picture it in my house.
ReplyDeleteLOVE your typewriter!
ReplyDeleteThere is a similar one sitting in my Mom's basement which has my name on it.....
;-)
Have fun typing!
He is wonderful!!! I recently found one and sent him to my booth...seeing this makes me want to bring him home!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Oh that is a beauty, what a wonderful treasure it is. Queensland has finally turned on the sun for summer and we have been getting out doors a bit more often this week.
ReplyDeleteOOOOh that's a beauty all right... I don't blame you for taking him home! My vintage typewriter is much smaller, but my kids got so excited by it... Like it was some sort of alien.
ReplyDeleteTHank you so much for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I would love to see your trophy and that story is hilarious.
Off to read more and following you!