Saturday, January 22, 2011

Museum Musings.

Whilst the 'Princess' was here, hubby and I took her into London to visit the British Museum and the Natural History Museum. It was a bit of a rushed day and we knew that we could not do either museum thoroughly, but we decided to visit the exhibits that we were most interested in....

First stop British Museum...



and straight into Egypt...















and then a very quick visit to the European exhibit to see what I would wear to the Royal Wedding....




Next stop Natural History Museum...




where we were greeted by dinosaurs...

  











and fossils...




Three old fossils.


amazing tiny birds in a glass case...







but the best exhibit was the crystals and precious stones....




















Yes please!



3 comments:

  1. I just love museums, and I must admit the London ones take some beating don't they? We spent hours in Sydney Museum a few months ago and had such a good time.
    Thanks for your lovely comment. We seems to be getting our fixes of our homelands from each other!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these great, FREE museums. I always feel like Indiana Jones must be lurking somewhere in the Natural History Museum - so magical XOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your robin as a footer - I haven't seen anyone do anything with this space before. Love it

    ReplyDelete