Monday, January 17, 2011

London Calling.

Well the 'Princess' has departed...she is winging her way back to Australia as I write this post. But before she left we had one last 'fling' in London...shopping...browsing...dodging puddles and deluges!

Our first stop was her favorite haunt...'Top Shop'...




This shop is definitely for the younger generation...but all the same I really loved seeing the latest styling and merchandising evident throughout the store...



Everywhere I looked there was amazing displays...I thought this one was very 'Lady Gaga'.



What can I say...





I really loved the props..ladders..french chairs...old dress forms...



Then a quick stop off at Liberty of London...



to find a couple of interesting chairs...



There is always a gorgeous array of flowers at the door...




Then around the corner into Soho and a visit to 'The Cloth House'...




Another favourite, this store is choc full of a variety of fabrics...a great place to find old style ticking's and sack cloth...



buttons, trims and gorgeous vintage props and fittings.



Of course we couldn't miss a visit to Anthropologie...



and as always it didn't disappoint...











Robx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robynne, I saw your comment on my blog, thanks! Another great resource for London shops and whatnot is this: http://thisisnaive.com/?page_id=104. Quite extensive! Then I also like a book called The Traditional Shops and Restaurants of London: http://www.littlebookroom.com/tradlondon.html
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete