Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Flower.

Well the house smells wonderful with the arrival of the flowering bulbs...
one of my favourite...hyacinths. 
Only trouble is they are a bit strong for hubby and son,
so I have to keep them away from the bedrooms and living room.

It's encouraging to see the spring flowers appearing at the market
and in the florist...spring must be on it's way!




However, they grew so quick, I swear that they went from zero
to 8 inches long in 3 days and then started to flop all over the place...
so into a vase they went...




Have a great Friday!


If your would like to see more Friday Flowers go visit
Laura at A Place for Tea

7 comments:

  1. Did you cover that cute chair with a grain sack? - adorable! Love the hyacinths - so fragrant
    Happy Weekend XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hyacinths, a welcome sight while we have snow in Oakville. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. g'day rob....oh how your last post made me laugh!!

    we've been here so long that when we went to cut down our christmas tree this year...the lovely old man running the little farm asked me where i was from - i said australia....he said he'd never heard of it....he thought i was from a village called australia DOWN SOUTH in ENGLAND!!!
    he didn't even mind that i found this hysterical...he couldn't have cared less about coming over from australia...he was so happy in his lovely life on a small farm in the lakes district!!

    so yes...Mrs.Croc D you may not have it that strong forever!!
    enjoy teasing the locals!!
    mind you....mines still there {very happily & patriotically!!} its just not as strong as the hubsters!!

    the kiddos have what i think is lamely called a *international * accent....meaning depending on what they are saying they either sound completely english ie-"well random"....or very aussie ie: "bl***y hell" {not that i encourage swearing but they are prone to it on the trampoline!!

    love your hyacinths....my british bestie gave me a little wooden box of them yesterday for my kitchen windowsill to cheer me up with this continued cold weather.....gorgeous!

    melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robynne,
    Those are lovely indeed, I have to get me some tomorrow, bring some spring into the house (we have again snow here...). And having an accent, I speak Dutch at home but when I speak German here, they also right away say, Ah, your are from Holland! And start to speak their best English to me (and trust me, I speak German and understand Swiss German, people can be funny...).
    Have a good weekend!
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! come on spring!!
    I love your little vignette with your chair - I almost picked one up very similar last week when I was out thrifting but then I didn't but it's been on my mind ever since!

    re: kitchens...so funny! when we put in our marble everyone told us we were crazy to put marble in the kitchen because it will stain, etc but we're not messy people so I wasn't overly concerned. However, I was worried about my family staying here on holiday since they can be messy and if anyone would stain my gorgeous marble, it would be my brother and his red wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know that I like it. Your pics are gorgeous, especially the ones of the hyacinths. I am trying to force some right now, will see if I am lucky, I am afraid not much sunshine here, just cold and snow...I am looking forward to your future postings. Greetings from the US...Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your happy hyacinths! I would love to smell some of those right about now. I'm your newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete