Friday, July 22, 2011

London Shopping

Yesterday my son and I took off to London, with camera in hand...


We started off on The Strand, passing by theatres with familiar billboards...


pubs that looked very inviting...


and interesting buildings..with clocks...


I spied these beautiful floral arrangements in a hotel foyer...
I raced in took a shot and raced out...


This shop window caught my attention...
they obviously sell varieties of tea but look at their display...


these vintage teacups looked amazing...
filled with weird and wonderful tea leaves..


On our way to Regent Street we passed this sign in a window...
and it really appealed to my son...


Of course I couldn't visit London without a stop over at Anthropologie...


for a dose of their visual merchandising heaven...


and they had some particularly great items of furniture
'holding up' the merchandise..


not to mention vintage props, like these suitcases....
there is great stuff everywhere...


These old trays were a treat...
just wanted to tuck a couple into my handbag...


buckets...


and decorative beehives....I just never know what to expect...


Wouldn't mind a couple of these wicker crates...
don't know what I'd do with them..
perhaps put wheels on them and fill them with linen or magazines...


Finally I fell in love with these old filing boxes with the little labels...

before heading to....

Liberty of London for a REal treat..


RE  is showcasing some of it's wares in the exhibition space
at Liberty...and it's amazing...


Lots of lovely vintage pieces were on display and all for sale...


There was stuff sort of shoved into corners...


and something resembling my Dad's shed...


There is a mix of old and new...these plates were a little weird...
but I love the blue bottles...


Old school maps, Coke crates and feed sack cushions...


This table was crowded with old glass compotes, cakestands
and glasses


Bright deck chairs, French street signs, lots of lovely gal...


Blue Masons jars...and that map...





I would love to visit their store, but I've just googled and
it's nearly in Scotland...so a bit of a journey...
but you never know...perhaps a visit to Scotland is in order!!


Have a look at RE www.re-foundobjectives.com


8 comments:

  1. Yes Yes Yes - Take me back.
    Thanks for reminding me - Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What treasures! That's what you get in London I suppose. Nothing like that in Brisbane, so thank you for sharing your shopping trip.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, now that is what I call a shopping trip, some wonderful images, love the tea cups, mason jars, well everything really :)... and I must go and visit Anthropologie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liberty is one of a kind - looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the little taste of London shopping! Anthro does do some great merchandising and what's not to love about Liberty? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trip Robynne. I have never been to Anthroprologie or RE but they look fab! Thankyou for your comments, I think I may be a little nuts, but hey, who cares! Have a lovely weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the window shopping tour. Love the vintage tea cups with varieties of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robynne, I haven't posted before but just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog.

    I'm lucky enough to live about 13 miles from RE and it is my absolute favourite shop - & a bonus is that it's my husband's favourite shop too...it's a fantastic place to linger, buy, or just be inspired by looking at everyday items used in new and unusual ways.

    ReplyDelete