Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Merci

During my recent trip to Paris I visited a unique store called "Merci"...


Located on boulevard Beaumarchais, in the Marais district
it is filled with unique gifts and homewares...


This concept store stocks an eclectic variety of new, vintage
 and 'one off' items.


The founders of Merci donate profits from the business to an 
 endowment fund set up to help disadvantaged children.
 Some artists also donate their margins...
their products are identified by a small gold medal.


Vintage garden chairs...



Create your own perfume...


Glass display cases with interesting jewellery and ephemera...


This linen was divine...almost like muslin to touch...


and comes in a variety of  lovely colours...




Outside was not overlooked...


This vintage Renault is perched in the courtyard at the entrance...


Lovely presentation...with a lot of small gifts pre-packaged...


This cloth necklace has a sample of the cloth
used inside attached to the top of the bag...



These photos are not terrific as they were taken with
my (very basic) phone, but you can at least get
an idea....

Have a look at their web page here...

Linking up with Sarah at Good Life Wednesday.


8 comments:

  1. So jealous. I would love to go. Every article/ post I see on the store reaffirms that desire.

    You just relit the fire:)

    xojane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shop! Will put that on my must-go list when I'm next there. But before then, if you happen to go back soon, I'll have one of those, and one of those and...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always happy to virtually visit Merci. I've seen it on other blogs but each visit is unique as they always change their displays, the assortment of goods and the decoration on the that lovely Renault. Thanks Robynne for taking me there again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful store and a worthy cause.
    Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great store and such a great idea, more stores should do this. Thanks for the pictures, you know I always like a visit to France :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. drooling on the keyboard. i would so love to visit merci! i didn't know about that arrangement with artists donating part of their profit...so refreshing to hear.

    gonna catch up on your blog now!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shop with lots of lovely things! Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a really interesting place Robynne and I love their packaging. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete