You see just before this relocation came up we had just completed a brand new kitchen renovation in our house in Melbourne.
In fact we didn't quite complete the project...we still have tiling to do and the timber floors need to be re-finished. However, knowing our house was about to become 'party central' we decided that those details could wait until we get back.
So every time I go home, after kissing my son and daughter and patting the cat, I then check out the kitchen and give it a loving wipe over.
Lovely new stainless steel appliances...
Custom built cabinets, with a 2-pack satin finish in Dulux 'Napkin White' and Caesarstone benchtops.
My beautiful Perrin and Rowe tap from 'The English Tapware Co'.
Lots of open shelving to display knick knacks.
However, after we left, the kids decided to do a little decorating....in a more contemporary style...
I think you would call it...hip, bar or nightclub effect...
That's o.k. I can cope (barely)...when I eventually return home with some new goodies it will be totally transformed!





Oh my gosh,think you and I are ALOT alike...what a stunning kitchen you have!!! John and I are headed back to Ireland this June and I said I was going to miss my kitchen most(and the kids too)....lovely my dear just lovely!!! xx00
ReplyDeleteI would miss that kitchen too. How long are you staying in the UK for... I thought it was a permanent move. Although, Ican see why you would want to return home... Lx
ReplyDeleteI can see why you would miss that kitchen, it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment on my recipe post. Yes, I am envious that you are visiting Wales, and yes, just a teeny bit homesick to read where you will be visiting. I love Aberaeron, and have lots of fond memories of summer weekends there. Please take lots of photos and show the place off on your blog.
Enjoy,
x
I LOVE white kitchens. Hoping one day to have one similar to yours. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd be *dreaming* about that kitchen it's so lovely. You've designed it beautifully.
ReplyDeleteHow gutting that you have to be parted. Poor lovey!
Sarahx
Hi..got your note and I soooooooooo agree!!! Our women friends are so very important,my sweet Mom always told me "make sure you have a best friend"So glad you came by,have a great week! x0
ReplyDeleteWow, that is beautiful! I love it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better XOL
The kitchen looks great, I love it! Found your blog today and wanted to say hi!
ReplyDeleteBee happy x
Have a delicious day!
Hi from BYW!
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen is lovely. I can see why you miss it!
Your Australian kitchen is very large and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cindy
omg, robynne. it's glorious. i am in love with your cabinets! i cannot imagine what my sons would do if left in charge here (they are 19 and 16). thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletemichele