Saturday, March 5, 2011

Finding Spring.

The sun was finally out today yesterday, so I went for a stroll, 
camera in hand...looking for a hint of Spring.

I can hear Spring...as the birds are very busy...courting...nesting.
In fact all the birds I spied are in 'pairs'...so cute...they've all hooked up! 

Our robin has a girlfriend so hopefully they will be nesting 
in our front garden again this year.

And, although I haven't spotted him, our resident squirrel has been around
as there are walnut shells all over our garden...he's been digging up his dinner!

But there is a definite lack of colour...yes the buds are swelling on some branches 
and the bulbs are shooting up all over the place...
but in my garden at least...no colour.


So off I went....



...snowdrops...but that's winter...



...beautiful green fields, but no flowers...



...hello, wait a minute...there's one...



...hopeful...a window box...



...half open...



...trying hard..



...in the church grounds...



...finally some purple...

I think another week might do it...stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're right. Everything feels poised on the cusp of bursting, doesn't it? Our first daffodil opened a couple of days ago. Not fully but enough to be able to take in its beautiful frangrance. Mmmm....

    Are you settling back in to England?

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll be a beautiful colour explosion... and look at all that lush, lush green. It's very brown here at the moment... we have a brief period of Spring and then everything starts to turn brown again because of the heat... There's no green, like the green, green grass of home! Lx

    ReplyDelete