Friday, March 18, 2011

Muscari.

Okay, I have to admit it...I'm having a love affair with 
Grape Hyacinths at the moment!



It's been creeping up on me for some time now, probably since last spring 
(my first in England), where they popped up all over the place,
and was sealed last Sunday when I bought two french jam jars full of them...


I keep moving them around the house, singularly and in pairs...
should have bought more!


Just love the little white fringe around the edge of the flower...


Now according to my good friend Wiki...the botanical name is
'Muscari neglectum' 
and they are not strictly a hyacinth but are a member of the 'Lily' family!


Gorgeous!


Linking with Laura for Friday Flower.

6 comments:

  1. They are so lovely! Love the jars too! I don't blame you for moving them around the house, I always do this with things :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Rob....looks like my front door!
    &
    just been over at sarahs @ a beach cottage...and saw your mention of guernsey....
    funny the words that catch your eye as one scrolls through to the comment section- you MUST go...one of our best trips yet!!
    ADORED IT....and how great is that book!!

    melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are the easiest things on earth to grow. DO you have any in your garden? We have about a million in ours. Too many, in fact! They pop up all over the place!!

    I love yours in a jam jar. I might have to copy you!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers Robynne. Don't you just love spring flowers? My daffodils finally opened this weekend. I keep parading around the garden to see what is pushing up through the ground and has survived this past winter. So far so good! Hope you're having a great weekend. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are the sweetest colour and I love the white fringing too.
    I could imagine moving the around the house like you have to let them lend their glamour to different corners.

    Spring is a wonderful time with the bulbs bursting forth their beauty and I hope you get to enjoy yours for a long time.

    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I just love these sweet little things! You don't have these in Australia? The color is just magnificent.

    Thank you for linking up for Post Of The Month - I hope you'll join again in April :) XOL

    ReplyDelete