Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Message from Chook.

Today dawned another glorious balmy spring day and we needed eggs. So off I went to the local farm...to get the eggs...and to go looking for farm animals...


and I found lots of chooks...some pretty black and white ones...


a sleek black one...



a brilliant white one with something red and rubbery looking going on under it's chin...


very smart ones...that wouldn't look up at me no matter how many stupid noises I made...


and this fine specimen...he knew he was handsome!

I quite enjoyed looking at the chooks and feeding them...and along the way I laughed to myself...cause my sister's nickname for me is 'Chook'...something to do with the way she thinks I run...what a cheek!

So having had plenty of chook time, I made my way to the other animals...elbowing small children out of the way...looking for lambs...


and found five little piglets having their lunch...it's quite a feat juggling the camera whilst trying to hold my fingers up to my nose!


but they were very cute...and when I went by later they were all fast asleep.


This donkey refused to look up for a photo op...again a lot of tongue clicking went on...but to no avail, and he simply was not interested in chook food.


Then I stumbled into the maternity ward...this poor darling was in labour...gently rocking back and forth with lots of other expectant mums...


Finally,  next door, I struck gold...the nursery! Look at that face...


little wobbly legs...


sticking close to Mum..


or snuggled up in the hay.

Oh, and I did remember the eggs...after all that's what I really went for!!
Chook x

5 comments:

  1. OMG...LOVE these pictures! Those little lambs are so flippin' precious!! I just love your blog, so I've awarded you a Stylish Blogger Award. Please go to this link and follow the instructions: http://mnukgirl.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html
    Look forward to hearing from you...and Bob's your uncle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Country Fair - very crowded, but well worth it if you like country cottage, like I do. I'll definitely go back each year. You can buy tickets online to avoid the queue.

    Where was this?! I'd be willing to drive north for the kids to see the lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWWW!!!! Babies are adorable, no mother what species.
    Robynne, thank you very much for your lovely comments on my last post. We had a great day and I am glad I didn't send Lilla to school that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots Robynne. My little girl has an 'adopted' chicken back in the UK at our friends farm and she named it Skippy. We have a photo of Skippy that we took last time we went to visit. These photos remind me of where we lived in Yorkshire as our next door neighbour used to bring us fresh eggs from his chickens every week and we even watched the lambs being born. This really puts you in the mood for springtime.
    x

    ReplyDelete