Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Dark Corner.

We have a dark little corner in our hallway, under the stairs...so I have placed a butlers table there. However, it unfortunately ends up being the repository for car keys, spare change and other odds and ends.


I decided it was time for a tidy up...so all the clutter disappeared in a puff of smoke, some new pictures went up...


and just in case hubby's reading this...I've had them for ages..really...


popped some french comics underneath...


and completed the look with an old framed music sheet. Now if I can just keep every one's junk from accumulating again...


Of course I then started looking around to see what else I could 'cheer up'...I was really in the mood to change some bits around...


so I plonked this old bucket at the front door and filled it with tea towels...you know the nice linen ones that nobody is allowed to use...


this old wire basket found a new home with some lovely pale paperbacks...


and even the kitchen didn't escape with a pot of bulbs finding a sunny spot near the window.


oh...and a little sneak peek of my early Mother's Day pressie...has to be re-framed...so will unveil later.
Chook x

12 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog! Love your pictures and will try to follow your adventures in England. That is so interesting, because Sarah from A Beach Cottage moved from England to Australia, you did just the opposite. I live in California, where it is cold and rainy right now. Next week it's supposed to be close to 80! WOOT!!
    Until next time, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's all I can say! I don't know how you achieve that level of clutter-free! Though having a 13 year old here, doesn't help!

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Robynne, you have a real flair for this! I'm most impressed, as is the Francophile in me. Gorgeous. J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light and fresh, with gorgeous touches of french chic. Great job, I love it.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so great! Did you make it to Country Living?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having a bit of a swap around with stuff at home too. I don't think you can ever completely avoid the keys, loose change situation, but one thing that makes it slightly more bearable in our house now is some wicker baskets. I'm 'training' us to throw things in the baskets.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Robynne, I especially like the wire basket with books and the planted up enamel bowl, oh and your mother's day present looks fab.Love Linda x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and organized "landing strip" - this is how they call the place where you put your keys, mail, etc. on Apartment Therapy.
    Love the comics and the pink transfer ware by the spring bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That spring feeling, love your arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there - I just discovered your blog via Planet Baby and what a lovely find! Oh I so know what you mean... I have tried everything to contain my husband's coin collection but he still manages to find a spare spot on the hall table every time he walks through the door! Love what you've done - it looks gorgeous!

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just followed a link to your blog from 'Flowers on my table' blog and am so glad I did. I love your photos and the more recent posts are all I have time to read at the moment. I am in one of those moods as well today, for shifting, changing, just generally giving a bit of a face lift to a few places... and trying to create a bit more space for the wool I said I wasn't going to buy until I had used up all my stash. Hey ho, the best intentions and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You're house is looking GORGEOUS!! I love all your little touches here and there. And I reeeeeally like those little frames - y'know, the ones you've had for ages?!!!

    We live about 10 miles west of Oxford.....meeting up would be so cool!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete