On my journey to Wales, a week ago, we took our time and detoured a little....
to the Cotswold's... a vaguely defined area, famous for its stone cottages and very picturesque villages.
We found one such village, tucked away, 'off the beaten track'...not a tourist in sight (except me)...
with the cutest houses I've ever seen...
some were a even a bit crooked...
some had monuments in front...
and old carriage ways.
Up a lane way, I strolled...
past more beautiful cottages...
to find a kangaroo....totally unexpected...perhaps Aussies live in there...
really old doors (1618)...with scary knockers...
and secret signs...
and beautiful, imposing gates.
*I* live in the Cotswolds!!! I love it here. I love the buildings, the gentle pace of life and the community. Gorgeous!! Where about's is this beautiful villiage. Wouldn't it have been weird if one of these houses that you've posted was mine!! That would be so funny, I almost wish it were true!!
ReplyDeleteSarahx
Great photos, thanks for sharing, I love the Cotswolds :)
ReplyDeleteBee happy x
Have a delicious day!
Lovely! The cottage with thatched roof looks like from the series Midsommer Murders.
ReplyDelete