Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bailey's Home and Garden.

On the way home from Wales last Sunday I grabbed the steering wheel and forced my husband to detour off the motorway to visit Bailey's. Now I have wanted to visit ever since I bought their book 'Recycled Home' and more recently 'Simple Home'. Mark and Sally Bailey have based their business around the philosophy of 'Rescue, Repair, Reuse and Rethink'.




They have a complex of old interconnecting farm buildings in the Herefordshire countryside. Whitecross Farm has been lovingly restored and now houses a huge collection of homewares and furnishings, beautifully styled and merchandised.



The lovely old restored buildings with lots of goodies outside...


Including old french crates...



Unfortunately, I was unable to take photos inside...so you will have to make do 
with a peek at the website here.

I did, however, manage to make a few little purchases..remember I did have hubby with me..



A lovely collection of goodies sitting on the Bailey's books including
a clever bottle to make salad dressing, complete with
all the measurements for the various types ie. Greek, French, Caesar etc...



'La bugada' laundry soap...


'Bon appetit' linen tea towel....


Grape hyacinths planted into vintage french jam jars...

Definitely worth a visit! Robx

Link up with Sarah for more Good Life Wednesday stories.


Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to rummage around in there! Love your finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these book tips! I don't know them yet, bye! Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a great shop but they do forbid photography inside....such a shame because they are wonderfully restored buildings and their display of merchandise is equally superb...
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those books at Barnes & Noble---they looked wonderful!

    Looks like such a great place to shop!

    Love that laundry soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to visit them I'm so envious! You bought some great stuff :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete