Friday, March 25, 2011

Australian Spring.

I went looking for poetry, to accompany my spring flowers and found a poem by Catherine Helen Spence...not about an English spring, but instead referring to an Australian spring, but with reference to England...
 



...Yet when Australia entertains
Strangers to Austral air,
In plant, and beast, and bird-her plains
Find angels unaware.
Angels who gifts of priceless worth
Back to the givers bring,
For our old kindred in the North
May bless our Southern Spring.




...Each heart throb of the older world
Thrills through electric wires,
The British flag is still unfurled
The standard of our sires!
"Broad-based upon the people's will"
Our Commonwealth may bring
To all the Empire vast a thrill
Of this Australian Spring.




...just a couple of verses from her poem.

8 comments:

  1. I have just wandered over from A Welsh Girl in Australia to take a look at your blog. It's lovely I love all the animal photos and the pretty houses. I look forward to following, and seeing more of the rural English life. Have a great day, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love to see the daffodils at this time of year here in England.
    I like your Robin photo at the bottom of your page too :)
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, just lovely. Thank you so much for the farm instructions - can't wait to check them out :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robynne, would you mind popping over to my blog when you have a moment I have a little award for you. Thankyou for visiting me and leaving lovely comments. I hope you get to travel to all the places you dream about, love Linda x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. flowers on my table sent me here today as she mentions you on her blog today:) It looks like I have found another expat blog to follow and this one will remind me of the UK from your viewpoint! By coincidence I did a daffodil post recently and included a poem. I look forward to getting to know you and hopefully like wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robynne, so pleased you are happy with your award. I know what you mean about blogland it kind of takes over and has a life of its own. I had originally intended for mine to be a way to promote business, but now that I have met so many amazing women and such great talent I prefer for it to be more of a personal journey. I was scared stiff at first, as I am not very computer savvy, but I am loving it now. Have a lovely weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robynne,

    I so enjoy hearing about your life over here as an expat. It's not something I'd really thought about before I started blogging but it's really opened my eyes up to a whole new way of looking at where I live. So thank you!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete