Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Icy World.

Do you know what I'm doing a lot of whilst living here in England? ...walking around with a big sappy grin on my face! Even though I cringe every morning when the alarm goes off, at the thought of going outside into the cold, once I'm 'up and at it' I realise what an 'experience I'm having'. And even though I sometimes mutter to myself that... 'I don't know how many English winters I have in me'... it really can be magical...this northern hemisphere experience.

I took off again with camera in hand, one morning this week, into no less than minus 7 degrees Celsius, well rugged up with my specs perched on top of my head (because I prefer my photos in focus)....and took these shots of this crystallized world.




Even barbed wire looked amazing!
 








As I walked under the trees the sun was causing some of the ice to fall to the ground like tiny little crystals.










All the foliage had such definition, with each leaf framed in a little fur coat of ice...







Snow and frost...I can cope with...just don't bring on that freezing fog!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Robynne,
    I just found your blog through Laura's, and what a beautiful post I see! I will be back soon to read more, bye!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just
    dreamy and
    such lovely
    images! The
    picture of the
    holly is my
    favorite. Sounds
    like you are
    enjoying your
    adventure in
    England!!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures... The day I left the UK for Australia was like the one captured in you pictures. I remember thinking that it would be a long time before I experienced weather like that again, and even though NJ is sooo cold, the frosts are not the same! Take care. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are just spectacular!

    XO L

    ReplyDelete