Sunday, December 5, 2010

Look what I'm getting for Christmas.

Saturday morning dawned freezing and foggy, with plenty of snow still laying about in the gardens and on the road. But that didn't deter me as I bundled my hubby out the door...I was on a mission...to pick up my recently purchased Christmas present from a distant (half an hour) village.
Hubby had borrowed a station wagon (an estate for all of you in the u.k.) so that we could load it in and transport it home.
The 'freezing fog'...yes, to everyone back home, it is actually freezing, horrible stuff, was thick as we hit the motorway, then rambled off onto smaller and icier country roads in search of my gift.
Thanking god that it actually fitted into the car, we headed home...'you know you can't have it till Christmas day' hubby said, 'righto' I replied, knowing full well that we had nowhere to store it and it would go straight into the lounge room in the bay window!

Here tis...


My new spot to 'lay about' and read....


Nobody is allowed to sit on it but me, especially 15 year old boys who tend to 'bounce' onto things rather than 'sit nicely'!

The only problem is...where am I going to put the Christmas tree now....

2 comments:

  1. Sooo nice. That spot by the window was just calling out for it! Hope you get many a relaxing hour there.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs a Christmas tree when you have a chaise like yours!

    ReplyDelete