During my many forays through antique emporiums and fairs here in sunny England I came across examples of commemorative china. I was initially attracted to the colours but also love the crowns and crests.
Because this china is now not as 'collectible' as it once was, I have managed to assemble a small collection for very little money...some pieces have only cost a couple of quid!
Look at the colours on this mug...I love the dashes of red, especially in the crown.
This is my absolute favourite and was sent to me from Australia by a very good friend.
This one commemorated the end of World War I, and I am on the lookout for more of these.
Although this is not china I do include it with my collection as it fits in nicely. I especially love the blue box.
Quite a collection you have there. I love the one in the fourth picture! I imagine they'll be a resurgence in these now the royal wedding is on the horizon. Lx
ReplyDeleteWow, I love these!
ReplyDeleteAnd P.S., Inamo in London does have really good food. Not 'hit it out of the park' great, but definitely good.
Are we in for another visit from the Snow Fairy?
XO L
Hi there Robynne, thank you for visiting creJJtion as well! Love, Maaike
ReplyDeleteHi Robynne just found your blog. I have a few Edward VIII bits, fascinated with the Edward & Wallis story.
ReplyDelete