One of may favourite things in the house is my Mason 'Vista' china, that I started collecting in Australia and brought with me to England. I was attracted to it because of it's beautiful raspberry print which worked well with my red accents throughout the house.
I initially only had the four dinner plates and some cups and saucers, all of which is very old and not really usable, purely for decoration.
The red really pops against the white dresser.
Whilst living here in England I have occasionally come across the odd piece like this little milk jug...
and this large platter.
Then one day the village hall held a jumble sale...I walked in and there it was...a box full of my masons and some other raspberry and white china.
For the princely sum of 20 pounds, I acquired 10 dinner plates, 9 dessert plates and 6 cups and saucers, plus the other bits and pieces which co-ordinate beautifully with the masons.
This china is not as old, and as far as I can tell, has not been used a great deal.
So now we have enough to actually use!
But then one day I found a brown transferware platter....
Perfect for the Christmas season and what a treat to get it for such a bargain... Jumble sales are the best! Lx
ReplyDeleteHow sweet is that!! Your table is lovely!!!
ReplyDeleteSuzann