Well Autumn is well and truly here...it seemed to pop overnight...suddenly there is bursts of colour evident amongst still mainly green foliage, and then there's the Claret Ash which has turned a brilliant maroon.
But I think we'll start at the beginning...at my place...with my new Autumn wreath on the front door...
then a wander across the fields to see some sheep's bums...
The farmers have finished the harvest and resown their fields...
The gardens in the village are looking stunning...
A glimpse through a gate...
A pretty red creeper...
cascading down the side of a house...
and draped over a wall...
Then I hopped in the car and went looking for more colour...
and found an avenue of Claret Ash trees...
absolutely magnificent red...
I don't remember them being so vibrant last year...
Red berries are on all the hedgerows and bushes...apparently they herald an early winter...
so I nabbed some for the house...before the hedgecutters could ruin them...
Brrr, just thinking about the British winters makes me shiver. Had no idea about the red berries heralding an early winter, but it certainly looks like the skies are still warm.
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is stunning! The red vines are one of the things I loved about Ireland at this time of year and I miss the little sheep out my back window in the field. I guess i'll have to search for camel bums this year...
ReplyDeleteOh lovely, lovely post Robynne. Your wreath is gorgeous and I love all your photographs and your new header. Have a lovely day, Linda x
ReplyDeleteI love fall and all its colours. The wreath is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI'm moving!
ReplyDeleteHold that color.
xo Jane
What a gorgeous, gorgeous post!! I love it all!! Those berried twigs in your jug are my most favourite berry colour - such a beautiful deep, dark red. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteSarahx
Hi robynne, thanks for visiting, I'm with you on the wine label thing. I love that little toadstool nestled in the garden in one of your photos. Have a great weekend, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteOh you don't need to go to Wales to make me miss home - you just need to keep posting Autumn shots!
ReplyDeleteI did think of you when we were on holiday last week when I was studying the map one evening and saw Yepoon. Unfortunatley we ran out of time to travel any further north, but if it's anything like the coast line around 1770 and Agnes Water I can imagine it is very beautiful and a place that you would ceratainly miss...
x
Stunning, stunning, stunning photographs. And yes, you must hop over for a New England fall sometime - England is beautiful, but New England is breathless with even more colors. XoL
ReplyDelete