Thursday, September 8, 2011

Friday flowers

On our way to the Botanical Gardens in Kew, last week, we came across a very interesting florist...


Hubby very obligingly came to a screeching halt so that I could dash inside and take some shots...


Lots of different textures greeted me at the door..


and inside, clever arrangements in a gorgeous cupboard...


An eclectic array of flowers and bits 'n bobs proved fascinating.


Great props will always grab my interest, not to mention a bit of French newspaper..


Just intriguing and lovely.


A week later and the weather is not so good...dull, grey, rainy...so roses are in order to cheer the place up...


and a bit of faffing about with the few flowering pot plants left...


including the pretty pink snapdragons still flowering happily...not quite Petersham Nurseries or Zita Elze!

9 comments:

  1. I would of screeched to a halt too! Wow thats what I call a wonderful display and of course I love yours too, love an old bucket me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool since yesterday in Warsaw so these beautiful flowers and the flower shop are a welcome pick-me-up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a florist, it's an art exhibition! ;-)

    The only concern is maybe that everything seems so carefully chosen and beautifully arranged, you might feel like you're disrupting it by buying something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't knock it Robynne, your flowers look great in their lovely old buckets! The florist's looks really interesting. I wonder what nationality she is? Have a great weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the style you have achieved, we also came across a similar type of florist on one of our trips to the UK this year, must be a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous little shop - I can see why you screeched to a halt! The world needs more delicious little shops like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on me AGAIN!! Here's another place I never visited when we lived soooo near - Kew! Why I never went there is beyond me!! Just think - I could have seen this gorgeous florist at the same time. I can see why you loved it so much. I do too!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think il call your squirrel SMOKEY I love the way he holds the nuts his mother evidently taught good manner lots o love ALICE XXXXOOOO

    ReplyDelete