Monday, August 8, 2011

Champagne-Ardennes - the highlights...

There was plenty of subject matter on hand to photograph during our recent trip to this region...


Reims did not disappoint with many beautiful buildings, shop fronts and monuments...





This Boulangerie was cued out the door with people waiting to buy their baguettes each morning...I did get some strange looks as I snuck in to take a shot...



Of course there is definitely an underlying theme to a lot of the shop displays and windows...


and if not champas, there was cheese...



Look at this cute little window, peeking out from behind the foliage.


We stopped for a cafe au lait and found the restaurant was setting up for lunch...we all looked longingly at this gorgeous setting...reserved for two.



The Notre Dame Cathedral was impressive...with very ornate carvings going on and a program of restoration on some parts of the exterior.



Inside was beautiful and surprisingly simple compared to the outside...



On a final note...just to let you know...the macarons were delicious!

p.s. Hi Anne-Maree it's great to hear from you. Lou and Graeme arrived, not too tired and left on Friday morning for Paris...she's probably chomping on a macaron as I write...I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. Robx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Rob! I remember going down to the boulangerie every weekend morning waiting for them to open to buy 2 fresh-out-the-oven baguettes - there's no comparison to any other bread! If ever you get a chance, go to a service at Notre Dame. It sounds awesome with the echoing voices and the organs are beautiful to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so lovely.. I love how the French display everything so beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robynne, what fab pics! The bread...oh my! The restaurant looks rather good too. Glad you had a lovely time, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful pics! It makes me want to jump on a train and go there now! Really love that pic of the cute little window!

    ReplyDelete