Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blue Hydrangeas


My poor hydrangea fell over in the wind and most 
of it snapped off...so there was nothing for it
but to pick the bits that weren't
too badly damaged and have a play...


Some old apothecary bottles filled the bill...


with no water needed as I might leave them to dry naturally...


However, the light was poor today as England 
has turned on a cool, dull, grey day...


But with a little help from the photo editor, 
the results are not too bad...


Linking with Sarah at Good Life Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I love the way you have arranged these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, nothing like fresh flowers to brighten your room. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Such lovely flowers, I bought a Hydrangea this year, I think it was you Robynne, who suggested I plant one. At the moment its a blue/pink, I'm hoping by adding rusty nails and tea leaves its going to turn more blue like yours, worth a try :).. I do love your collection of apothecary bottles x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robynne, ah so maybe the rusty nail thing will work :).. shame about your hydrangea, you could try taking some cuttings, I took some of mine a week ago and they seem to have taken, just cut (about 4 in of plant) under a leaf join, take off the leaves and pop it in a pot of compost close to the rim of the pot, water and cover with a clear plastic bag, keep watered. Looking forward to hearing about your Denmark trip x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bottles are amazing, robynne! i know i should be looking at the blooms, but i like the glass.

    have a great rest of the weekend.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely blog Robynne. Thank yoi for following ours!

    Trino

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't they they prettiest flowers and colours. I had a huge hydrangea in the garden as a child and have always loved them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robynne, what a shame your Hydrangea got damaged. Good thing is , they just keep flowering. I love the look of them in the Apothecary jars. Many thanks for your comments and yes Pinterest definitely is addictive! Have a great week, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete