Well, I'm back from 'not so sunny' QLD...yes the weather was cr*p...huge winds, grey seas and rain...at least it was warm and humid though...so I did get a dip in the pool and of course I had a great time, staying with my friends.
I even caught a fish...my friend here is holding it up...
Obviously, I didn't catch this huge barramundi....I simply bailed this guy up and snapped a shot...however, it was caught just off the beach in front of my friends' house...
So, what do a couple of girls do when its not beach weather.....shop of course...so off we went to 'Rockvegas' (better know as Rockhampton), for a bit of shopping and lunch....
On the way, we detoured to an area of Rocky, re known for it's beautiful Queenslanders....
Known for their gables and wide verandahs, they are perfect for the hot Queensland climate...
As well as providing shade and helping to keep the interior cool, these wide verandahs provide a terrific amount of living space, which can be utilized year round in this climate.
The elevation promotes cool air underneath and keeps the furniture dry if there is flooding...
Some are very ornate with grand entrances and gates..
this one has a Victorian influence with the decorative wrought iron lacework...
fretwork, both inside and out is common...
whilst some are quite simple, but still very cute...
Having lived up on the Capricorn Coast for three years and loving the climate and lifestyle, I've considered myself a 'Queenslander' at heart....and would love to live in one of these beauties...one day...are you listening Paul....

Oh to have a veranda !!!!! I'm in love !!!!
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to see you xxxx
Now that's a fish! It could feed a village!
ReplyDeleteSome Queenslanders are just stunning aren't they especially if they've been well looked after. I think they're very elegant houses.
Thanks for the nosy around Rocky.
x
ahhhhhh! the inspiration! the calm. the veranda!
ReplyDeletegorgeous post as always, robynne.
michele
I want house number 1. No number 6! Wait, lucky number 13 is a deffo yes. Ah, what the heck any one will do! Don't suppose there are any near us?
ReplyDeleteThose beautiful verandahs! Aaahh, pure bliss to sit out there with your coffee in the morning. None of those here in WA though (at least not in our price-range!)
ReplyDeleteWow - these are beauties. Sorry the weather was so c**p. It's lovely and sunny in Brisvegas today!
ReplyDeleteKylie
What attractive looking residences.
ReplyDeleteThese are incredibly beautiful. I love all the crisp woodwork best. So pretty! I think I'd just stand outside and covet and take photos...oh, wait, that's what you did?!! No wonder I like you so much!!
ReplyDeleteSarahx
What a lovely blog you have Robynne. It looks liike you had a fabulous trip back 'home' and that your wonderful family truely spoilt you. xx
ReplyDelete