Now, unbeknown to me, my daughter had planned (since before Christmas) a surprise party for me here in Oz whilst I'm visiting...
My sister took me out shopping for the morning...and little did I know that the minute we drove off a frenzy of activity took place....
Washing was stowed away, the kitchen cleaned up for the caterer, alcohol delivered, flowers brought in, bathrooms cleaned, furniture re-arranged, guests ushered in and a big black curtain strung up at the end of the hallway....
and I've never been so gob-smacked in my life!
I then proceeded to talk my way through about 5 hours and 60 odd people...catching up with some that I haven't seen for years...
Our caterer Mark did a fantastic job, churning out amazing looking (and tasting) food...
eye fillet on foie gras mash...
My family...Josh, Jan (my sis), Paul, Dan, Me and Steph (the architect of the whole affair)...
She's amazing...she didn't forget anyone (with the help of hubby) and organized everything...I had a fabulous time and I still can't believe how everybody managed to keep it a secret...and that I didn't catch on (cause I usually pick up on stuff like this)...
My family and friends...
As well as people, the house was full of flowers...
some brought in by my sis for the occasion and some as gifts...
However, during every great party there is the inevitable deterioration...
when we all let down our hair a little...
let the red
bring my old panda bear, which is as old as me, out for an airing...
hug some good friends...
she's actually older than me (I know..hard to believe)...
put flowers in our hair (or balance on your ear if you have none)...
get the kids together for a photo...
then collapse for a well earned rest....
Thanks Steph! xxx














how cool is this?????
ReplyDeletehappy birthday, gorgeous woman!
michele
You must have felt incredibly loved. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeletewow what a do !!! everything looks stunning and how nice being able to catch up with all your friends xx you will never want to come back to us mrs !! we miss you in whaddon x but happy you are having such a fab time xxx
ReplyDeletedon't forget to come back to the old blighty xxx
Lol!! Really great pics Rob...it was an awesome party! And you get to be 50 for another year...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great party! Congratulations on your lovely family and Happy BIrthday!
ReplyDeleteOh how faulous Robynne, and what a little star you have as a daughter.
ReplyDeleteNow that's one way to get to see everyone on a visit home!
x
What a lovely surprise for you...such a treat to be able to re-celebrate with your family and friends in Australia!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to Melbourne Robynne! What a fantastic birthday celebration you had with your gorgous family....Happy Birthday too!
ReplyDeletexox Kerry
Hi Robynne, looks like you have had a ball. How lovely that your family did this for you. The cake was so cute! The food and drinks look amazing, and all the beautiful flowers....how lovely.
ReplyDeleteIt was very kind of you to visit when you are on your hols. Glad you liked everything. I shall send you a dishcloth, if you e-mail me your address, it can be a belated birthday present. With much love, Linda xx
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great holiday here. You have a lovely family and you must feel very blessed x
ReplyDeleteHi Robynne, I just wanted to let you know I finally made it into Cote Provence at Carlton....
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for recommending it to me! I absolutely adore everthing in the store....so beautiful & tempting!!!
I didn't have a lot of time but managed to buy a lovely plain linen table runner. Just my style!
They are opening a warehouse in Brunswick soon so I have lots of plans to go back with a bigger budget & definately more time.
All the best for the rest of your stay in Melbourne.
Best wishes Kerry xxx
What a lovely surprise for you. Apologies for not calling by to comment very often, time just seems to get swallowed up by real life!
ReplyDelete