Thursday, February 2, 2012

Up, Up and Away!

Just before I take off this afternoon, I thought I would quickly post some photos which I took in London before Christmas.


I dragged hubby through the shops in Oxford Street, and stumbled upon this display in Debenhams...


I was beside myself pleasantly excited to see an amazing array of vintage furniture...


and bits and bobs..


I had no idea that this department store went in for this type of merchandise...


usually only seen at vintage markets or speciality vintage type shops...


It was a quick look as hubby was sooo interested as you can imagine...and was edging towards the coffee shop...


Afterwards, we headed up Regent Street and found a new American shoe store called Sebargo...look at these custom made couches (there was two of em)..


A bit further up...Antropologie had this gorgeous French garden settee, looking very inviting perched in front of their living wall...


Lastly, harking back to our walk around Queen Anne's Gate...I found this amazing cheese shop...


I could almost believed I was in Paris...standing in front of a fromagerie...


I'm hoping (I will) post from Oz as I want to show you some of the sights of my hometown and perhaps a beach or two...


11 comments:

  1. oh robynne--i am in heaven with this post!!! those pool blue metal chairs! all the charming pieces. i can't wait to see your hometown!

    smiles and hugs.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time in Australia Robynne! I hope the weather treats you kindly and you can enjoy some sunshine and blue skies. I just read one of the UK papers which reported a 4 inch snow fall in the UK this weekend - so it is porbably a good time to be escaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip. Looking forward to your news and photos from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is DROOL! I haven't found anything like that in Western Australia yet. So jealous:)Have a good trip. God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have an amazing trip my lovely friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to see your home town. I love your pictures!! Neal's Yard Dairy is sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would have thought that Debenhams would have that wonderful stuff?
    I hope you managed to get on the plane before the big freeze and that hubby made it back from mid Wales. Hopefully you're enjoying some warmer Aussie temperatures by now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness. I am hyperventilating at that leather sofa. How completely gorgeous is that? I want it. I must have it. NOW!!!

    And Debenhams? Eh? How bizarre! How'd have thought!!?

    Saarhx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I would be so floored to see a display like that at my town's Debenhams! Must go to London soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robynne, I am behind with my reading...as usual! I can always rely on you to find the most interesting stuff. I had no idea that Debenhams went in for vintage either, but I suppose if the demand is there! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete