Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Back Home

Hello there...yes I'm back in England, feeling like I've landed on another planet....

It's always this way when I leave Australia and the family, cat, house...

I walked in the door after my long flight to discover a surprise parcel waiting for me, sent by a lovely lady...


Linda from 'Flowers on my Table' kindly knitted me these lovely kitchen cloths...and also enclosed her clever paper hearts and two gift cards...


 Visit Linda here and see her post on Little Houses...

Thank you Linda, your generosity really cheered me up!


With the last few days being so dull and damp, I took off for a drive, finding myself at one of my favourite haunts...and managed to find a few new bits...


A marmalade jar...perhaps the first of a new collection...


little mini glass cloches...


and lastly this natty little tray, which I'm using for my collection of religious medals.


Some lovely red tulips and a new arrangement on the window sill has got me 'going' again....perhaps a visit to a big collectibles fair this weekend might complete my rehab!!


6 comments:

  1. love the marmalade jars too! here's to the hunt!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always lovely to come home to a parcel full of pretty things. I love the mini cloches you certainly found some great buys.
    Have a lovely week.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Robynne - I too find it disconcerting when I arrive back to the UK after time in Australia. I hope you enjoyed your time at 'home' and managed to get some sunshine at last!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to hear from you again, Robynne! These mini cloches are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your sweet blog...not sure how...but I am here and loving the sweetness. Hope you will settle in nicely!
    Loving all your sweet tulips...I love all the pretty shades you can find now.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robynne, thank you for the link. I am cringing looking at my wonky knitting though! Love the mini cloches with the pocket watches underneath, very cute!
    Thanks for your comments on stencilling, it really has moved on hasn't it? Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete