Happy New Year!
I've been vegging on the couch a bit, since New Years Eve...we had a great night...five venues (houses), five themes (ours was Crocodile Dundee), a varied menu and beverage options (never a good thing)...
We then got up early (10am is early for me on New Years Day)...had brunch with the same bunch of people from the party, then went on a 2 hour walk...I know there will be a few of you in Oz that will be falling off their couches about now...but, I soldiered through my headache and walked (and bloody walked)...with a vivid image of my couch, a blanket and a pillow in my head the whole time!!
Yesterday, I did rouse myself and pulled down the Christmas tree, putting all the decorations away this year...unlike last year where they sat in a basket behind the couch for 12 months...
The poor old tree was looking a bit sad and sorry...and I couldn't wait to get the room back in order...and as the damn thing ricocheted off every piece of furniture as I dragged it outside...there was a heap of cleaning up to be done...I even washed the windows to get rid of the suction cup marks left behind by my Ikea snowflakes...
Today, the weather is awful, with strong winds and driving rain...straight into my red boots left at the front door!! Perhaps another day for some minimal housework and a bit of vegging...
Absolutely...the weather today has been so hideous you were definitely right to choose the indoor option - I was fortunate that I managed to time my walks to/from the tube to go to work with strong gusts of wind, but no driving rain - thank goodness...as it was quite ferocious in East London during the morning!
ReplyDeleteYour New Year's Eve party sounds great, and I am amazed you had the get-up-and-go to clear away the decorations afterwards. Have a greaty week, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Robynne! I'm undecided as to whether to take my tree down. It only went up on December 21st, so it seems a shame to take it down yet... although I do like it when order is restored in the house and at the moment, I feel I'm clinging onto Christmas, instead of embracing the New Year! Take care and keep war. Lx
ReplyDeleteHelly Robynne
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year. I love how you party. That takes energy and you deserved to sleep in. My decorations remain up till Jan 6. Our custom in Western Ireland was to light 12 then and I continue the tradition
Helen xx
Happy New Year party girl.
ReplyDeleteWell done on the walk, I'm tired reading about it.
xo jane
Happy New Year Rob! Hope this one is full of surprises for you.
ReplyDelete(In my best singing voice)
Not long to go,
Not long to go
Hey ho a diddly oh
Not long to go ;-)
Packed yet?
I had a day of jobs jobs jobs today so I'm looking forward to having a day of vegging out tomorrow. Hope your vege out day went well! Ange
ReplyDeleteI think it's one of your funniest posts, Robynne :-). Thank you for the smile and New Year's wishes - never enough of both. Sorry about your headache, I get them too, so cudos for braving the "bloody walk" :-).
ReplyDeleteThat rain and wind was really something else!! At least the grass is green :) Wishing you a Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you Rob and Paul.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous of your weather. We had a couple of terrible days of extreme heat.Driving rain and strong winds would have been a relief!
Love
Anne-Maree
I saw you all walking ... I thought you all looked gorgeous in all that tweed !! I gave Sid a quick whizz round the corner that day and had to have a sofa day !!! Xxx fab blog xx
ReplyDelete