December 8th...
another trip into London and some stunning and interesting windows...A luxury handbag store...love the foliage framing the window..
Ralph never disappoints...and look at the red door...
not a clue where this was...but it is very clever..
what every well-dressed doe should be wearing this season...
The Cloth House...and it's getting dark...
which means the lights are coming on...
and the stars are out..
just hovering above the throngs of shoppers...
most of which were too busy to look up...but not me...wandering along with my mouth gaping...
Standing on Oxford Circus looking towards Regent Street...was amazing...
December 15th
finally a fully decorated tree...Although the tree has been up and decorated for a few weeks...I finally photographed some of my new baubles that I have collected throughout the year...this one is from Harrods and was a gift from a friend...
This little babushka was on sale at Anthropologie after last Christmas...so I snapped her up!
The little dove I purchased from Althorp..in memory of Diana.
A regal figure from Buckingham Palace..
another gift from Harrods...
and finally a fleur de lis from Le Louvre.
December 16th
and we awake to find this...yes, it's the last day of school and we have snow...
so, what's a girl to do, but put on her boots, grab her camera and take off...
for a long walk around the village...
and start snapping away.
It's amazing what an inch of snow can produce...
stunning scenes of ordinary things...
A touch of red lends a Christmas feel to the church graveyard...
The church itself looked stark against the cold sky and fallen snow...
but the gravestones themselves came into their own with their covering of lichen...
and a snowy backdrop...
a snowy angel looks over another grave...
and my favourite cottage in the village.
December 21st...
a Tudor banquetI helped plan and cook for our WI Christmas Tudor style banquet...
complete with Tudor costumes...
and a candle lit table for our Tudor menu.
December 24th
an early Christmas Dinnerand the table is set...
for Roast Pork and Christmas pudding...
It went off with a bang!
Merry Christmas!
That snow was definitely a surprise (and the kids were thrilled). Looks like a beautiful Christmas at your home. Merry, Merry :) XOL
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! You got a lot more snow than we did- Nothing stayed on the ground around here. Still hoping for some so we can put our new sledges to the test. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are so amazing! We haven't had snow yet this year. I sure was wanting a white Christmas where we were snowed in and snug with no place to be but together! Hope your Christmas is blessed!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely photos as always! I'm slightly envious of your snow - though I haven't been missing the freezing temperatures that normally accompany it. I loved the glimpse of your red transferware - so Christmassy! ....and I hoped you enjoyed your Christmas Downton!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness - that reindeer display and the babushka and then the piece de resistance: red boots. kill me now. loved these images and how you let us come along on your journey!
ReplyDeletemore roast pork? why, yes, please!
joy to you.
michele
What a fabulous experience you are having. I just found you. Greetings from the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
ReplyDeleteI am off the Williamstown for a sailing regatta tomorrow. Can't wait to get to Melb as I so love it. My mum's from there.
I'm following your journey now and I'd love you to follow mine.
Carolyn xx
Hello Robynne, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas? I do apologise for not visiting, I was having computer problems before Christmas. Thankyou for posting all these fab photos. It is so lovely to see the lights and window displays in London, and then in sharp contrast the beautiful snowy scenes around your home. Your table looks so inviting and the Tudor Feast looks like great fun!
ReplyDeleteThankyou for your lovely message. I look forward to the New Year and all the lovely things you will have to show us. God Bless! Love Linda x
Yes! to the coffee :) Any plans to be in London in January? XOL
ReplyDeleteRobyn, Warsaw has nothing on London in terms of Christmas Lights! :-)
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas ornaments. The photo of you with your camera in the red scarf and boots against the black and white landscape is wonderful.
Happy New Year!
P.S. I meant "Robynne", sorry :-\
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Robynne for 2012, hope it is a wonderful year for you & your family.
ReplyDeleteI have passed on an award to you as I enjoy reading your blog so much and wanted to share it
with others.
xox Kerry
Happy New Year Robynne! I look forward to all you have to share with us in 2012. Love Linda x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics! I hope your holidays have been wonderful and here's to a 2012 filled with all things good and lots of joy. Thanks for your friendship this year xo
ReplyDeleteLove the dress Rob. You should look great in it. Just read Laura Blog and your meeting. She sounds very interesting. I am countin the days till you arrive. Love Alice
ReplyDelete