Friday, January 6, 2012

Rattling around the house...

Another year in England...another year renting...and I'm finding myself wandering around the house looking for a project.



The place is looking pretty spartan with the lack of Christmas decorations...although I've kept the little wreaths on the dining table...that is until they completely dry up...


and the poinsettias are still lovely...


I've done a little re-arranging, but not much...just enjoying the de-clutter at the moment.




I have got a couple of ideas up my sleeve...the bathroom needs a coat of paint to cheer it up and there's a bookcase which needs a facelift...






Or I could just relax on the couch and catch up on my reading...

16 comments:

  1. Hi Robynne - I love the skipping rope tie-back! Very clever! I know what you mean about wanting to start projects. My mum always says it's as though we are wanting to get our nests ready for Spring. I attribute it to boredom during the winter months. Saying that, I have just signed the hubby up to beadboard the bathroom this weekend! Have a great weekend. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it all! it's gorgeous, robynne!

    our entire interior needs to be painted, and i so don't want to be boring and just slap on all the old colors which is why i am procrastinating.

    good luck on your upcoming projects!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely zinc vase & pillows on your bed....look forward to seeing more of your projects.
    Best wishes, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a gorgeous home Rob! I LOVE the striped curtain fabric with the vintage skipping rope used as a tie back. Ingenious idea! Is your Aussie house the same style?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming post. I love the pillows on your bed.
    I just found your blog and loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tip on Cote Provence Robynne, will definately be calling in for a visit
    in the near future! From the looks of their website they have lots of gorgeous items.
    Best wishes, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely! I think I'd take the couch and catch up on reading option. The whole room looks so inviting. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read a little, paint a little. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I reckon you should make lying on the couch and catching up on reading one of your New Year projects. That way, you could kill two birds with one stone!!

    But wait...then I wouldn't be able to stalk your every move...:-)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your place looks so lovely -very elegant and homely. I think you could grab some home style magazines and get comfy on that couch whilst looking for project inspiration.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't think of a single place I would rather lay low after the holidays.

    Rental or not, you house is such a beautiful home.

    But do bring on the projects....

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robynne

    So happy to meet you! Many thanks for coming along and commenting on my post, we seem to be of like minds..another M word. :) With kids of similar age (mine are 22, 21, 18 and 12) and being expats...and renting..and in Surrey ( you too?)..well, I could go on forever. I love your blog..fabulous photos, what a charming home too! I look forward to getting to know you. I will write separately..on a few other things. I am off to follow...best wishes for a lovely day!

    Jeannexx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lovely home! Those sweet pillows on the bed are just divine! Have a wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your place is so lovely! You have some beautiful furniture pieces. I know, the whole renting thing does take some of the fun out of doing up a place. I vote to put up your feet and dream about your upcoming trip! :)

    ReplyDelete