Alas, no photos...we were so busy talking that I forgot to take one...however, after we left each other, I took off to Regent Street, to do some quick shopping and couldn't resist this pretty display outside of Liberty of London...
It was a riot of colour...tulips, amaryllis...
gorgeous roses..
daffs...
lots of bulbs in terracotta...I really got the impression that Spring is not all that far away...
Then of course, seeing I was in the neighbourhood, I had to pop up to Anthropologie...
and, like the rest of London, they are on sale...so...I found this dress, which I had looked at before Christmas and it was marked down and it actually fits...
You see...we have Paul's work Christmas party at the end of January...don't ask...and then another one in March, and if I can do something about my flabby white arms within the next two weeks, this frock should look o.k.
The Cloth House was next on my list, where I found this lovely linen...for some future project...I then 'hightailed' it out of London before I could be tempted further...
All in all, a lovely day...meeting a new friend and finding a bargain!!
jealous of the whole shebang.
ReplyDeleteDress is a beaut as is the fabric and the Happy Homemaker? Don't get me started.
What fun.
Liberty looks like I wish our flower shop looked.
What a lovely day.
xo Jane
What a fun post! Love reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing what blogging can introduce us to? I'm sure you had a ball meeting up with Laura.
ReplyDeleteLoving the red dress. I'm sure you do not have flabby white arms but a bit of fake tan can do wonders!
x
Ooh, it was such a lovely day! So so great to meet up :) You will have to take me to The Cloth House next time, so someone can drag me out! You will look FAB in your new dress - love it :) XOL
ReplyDeleteHow lovely that you met up with Laura! Looks like you had a great day, the dress is gorgeous and so is that wonderful linen. Enjoy your week ahead, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I'd love to meet a real-life blogger someday! Anyone coming to Dubai? Your dress is gorgeous - great find!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful blog!!!
ReplyDeleteVera
Your dress is stunning and you will look fab xxx
ReplyDeleteLibertys is my favourite shop ever !!! I just adore it ! It oozes history and English eclectic style at it's best xxx
Cyber dating is the best kind, I have met oodles of like minded creative people in cyber space.... Even better when you get to meet them in the flesh xx glad you had a super duper day Rob x you deserve it xxx
I'm so glad you had such a great time. Laura is LOVELY, isn't she. So easy to chat to.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that fabric. I want it!!! And the dress while I'm at it!!
Sarahx