So...I sent my husband packing...back to work and my son back home and took off for a little shop...
One of my favourite stores, Cloth House, was bedecked with very individual rosettes..made from lots of interesting bits of fabric. I might have a go at these...just need some gorgeous, amazing fabrics and vintage buttons to fasten in the middle.
Wandering through Soho, I came across this little restaurant...it looked so smart and clean...
it had a very European feel...what with the legs of something-or-other hanging in the window..
A curtain in another window caught my eye...
Brooks Brothers was really turning it on...with lots of vintage goodies in their windows..
would love this old trophy...not fussed about the beer...
Anthropologie was brimming with goodness...
vibrant colours and new stock.
The visual design department was in full swing, rearranging and propping up...
Look at this simple idea to display an array of colourful cups..
I love these storage jars with the chalk paint labels...
and I really need some Barr-Co. products...if only for the bottles...
A patriotic table and some old paint tins...
and a bit of a twist on the ole Louis style chair...
Finally back outside onto Regent Street, be-decked with Olympic flags...very colourful and festive...
Must go to Cloth House soon!! Just need to get the kids in school so we can have a day in London. Please take me there ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your visa renewals! And I too love the cloth house - fortunately it's a little bit out of my normal work-home commute, otherwise I fear I'd be there (and tempted) far more more than I actually am...
ReplyDeleteooooh i love it when you take us shopping, R.
ReplyDeletedrooling here.
budweiser? really?
michele
Thank you for the shopping tour, I would love to pay a visit to cloth-house. Looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your visa.
Its still very cold here in downunder. Melbourne that is..
Julie x
Hi Robyn,
ReplyDeleteSo happy to 'bump' into your blog again.
It sounds like you had a wonderful day in London.
I always find window displays an inspiration.
Hope you have a lovely day,
Lizx
Hello Robyn, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! The best shopping to be had in Orlando is Adjectives Market, where I have a booth. It's at 1215 E. SR 436 Altamonte Springs FL which is a burb of Orlando. French Nest is next best and they are in Adjectives as well. Next best would be Hidden Treasures in Oviedo Florida. Sorry I don't have their street address. Have a fabulous trip!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Shelley
Hi Robynne, it is such a treat when you go to London and I get to see all those gorgeous goodies, without having to spend a penny! Thank you, it was most enjoyable. Love Linda xx
ReplyDeleteLove the idea for displaying teacups - hmm, I wonder if my Hubby could make something similar. Enjoying your blog.
ReplyDeleteLiz @ Shortbread & Ginger