I had been dying to visit as last year she had only just completed the renovation of her newly acquired house and I didn't get to see it furnished....
The first thing to greet me at the front door was this chest of drawers with the most amazing plaster ceiling rose propped on top...
a great recent find that looks really effective (if I could have nicked it I would have)...
On the other side of the entry is an old chair and some interesting bits on the wall...
pieces of script, a rosary and a poor unfortunate beast's head...
Into the living room and pigeon holes stocked full of great stuff...
and a desk strewn with yet more collected goodies...
An eclectic display in one corner really had my heart racing.
Her dresser is very well 'dressed'...lined with French papers...
displaying her clever vignettes...
An arrangement of old crates provides more storage and interest on a large wall...
along with two stern looking 'ancestors' adorning an old piece of wire.
Another interesting corner, with a Madonna praying on a beautiful chest..
A glimpse onto the deck and a vintage French bistro setting...
The kitchen is a study of simplicity and style with subway tiles and an all white colour scheme which serves to showcase more lovely vintage collectibles.
Simple shelving provides the opportunity for ever-changing displays
A glimpse into the bathroom..hexagonal floor tiles, beautiful cabinetry and a butlers style sink...
beautiful taps from the English Tapware Co. and vintage mirrors complete this gorgeous room.
A little girls bedroom to die for...
complete with her own vintage French chair.
The master bedroom is decorated in a lovely pale palette..
and more amazing props and furniture.
Are you all drooling yet??
I can't wait to return home with all my collected goodies and start re-decorating my own home....one day...my friend and I will have a great time...I might even have to 'borrow' a few items from her place!!














That is one amazing house! I was definitely drooling over the bathroom - just stunning.
ReplyDeleteHope you're enjoying Sringtime, although I hear that in some parts of the UK there's been snow? What's going on there?
x
i am in love with the place, robynne! it appeals to so many of sensibilities on so many levels. thank you so much for sharing, and best of luck as you re-decorate!
ReplyDeletesmiles.
michele
Wow!! its like a home from the magazine Jeanne D'Arc Living!! I love it!
ReplyDeletehave a lovely Easter
Jillx
Jill, that's exactly what I told her...perhaps the editors of Jeanne D'Arc need to visit 'down under'! Robx
DeleteThere are so many gorgeous little touches that really appeal to me in this beautiful home! I've already got a few ideas I'm going to borrow too... Looking forward to seeing your redecorations when you return home Robynne!
ReplyDeletebest wishes Kerry
Wow, some people really have a knack for pulling things together and, viola! - it all works. thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI love everything about her home...it definetly should be in a magazine...JDA Living.
ReplyDeleteOh what a lovely post to read..so much inspiration and creative enegry..gosh you must have had a hard time falling asleep that first night! thank you for sharing with us and thank you to your friend as well...I will revisit this post again and again..I realy do like it alot.
ReplyDeletegreetings Colette x
Hello Robynne, oh my goodness! Your friend is so gifted. Who would ever have thought of propping up the ceiling rose or displaying the portraits on the wire? I am stunned. I will have to come back, several times to take it all in! Thankyou, and your friend for sharing. I feel really inspired! Love Linda x
ReplyDeleteSuch a creative home. You sound like you had a lot of fun taking it all in. Thank you for sharing. God bless x
ReplyDeleteLovely interior, I love old mannequin. Love everything in your friend's home.
ReplyDeleteJulie from Melbourne. x
Your friends house is so lovely, thanks for sharing it xx
ReplyDeleteDefinitely 'drooling'. Great images.
ReplyDeleteHappy to have found your blog.
Lizx
Beautefull pictures !!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehave to follow this blog :-)
ReplyDeleteJ'adore...{sourire}
ReplyDeleteChrystelle