Monday, February 28, 2011

Scouting Around.

Well hello there, I'm finally back from down under and feeling a little disorientated as usual. Going home to my house in Melbourne is always so strange because it's a real mind flip swapping life in an English village for the more familiar life in my own neighborhood.

Then to have to turn around nearly three weeks later and zoom back to the other side of the world leaving the kids (and the cat) again...back to an English winter...well let's just say it takes me about a week to fall in love with England again!

Whilst in Melbourne I did do a little shopping, but of course I forgot to take the camera nearly everywhere with me. However I did take some shots at a very interesting new vintage store in St. Kilda. It's called "Scout" and has been put together by a really friendly guy named Orlando Mesiti.

My sister was so excited to show me this store, so with my daughter in toe, we headed on down only to find it closed!  Disappointed, we pressed our noses up against the window...squinting...peering in...we discovered Orlando in his store doing some orders...he kindly opened the shop up for us!



































Really great stuff!

6 comments:

  1. I wish, I wish, I wish I could go there. *closes eyes and hopes to be transported* Oh, I'm still here. :-(

    Still, at least you don't have long to wait over here for Spring! Yay!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND YOUR BLOG! I LOVE ENGLAND AND ENGLISH ROBINS. NOW I AM OFF TO EXPLORE THE REST OF YOUR BLOG. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Robynne! Know what you mean about when you leave home for your 'new' home... I'm a hermit for a week while I re-adjust to life back in the States! St Kilda... aww the memories... I have so many stories from that place. In fact I have a picture of me and the hubby stood at the entrance to the Luna park there hanging in our hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Thanks for showing us this store, it's great. Love the lamp on the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome 'home'! It must be strange to flip from summer/fall to early spring. Adorable store - great find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robynne
    I have to tell you a funny story. I was reading back through your blog and found this post. I sent the link to my mother in Melbourne as its right up her alley. Anyway she had Friday off work and decided to go and check it out. When she got there the shop was closed. She peered in the window and guess who was there ???? Orlando! He was cleaning the shop and let her in. How funny! Orlando was quite chuffed and a little confused when Mum explained to him that she found out about the shop from her daughter who blogs in Brisbane, from a blog she follows in London. Talk about word of mouth travelling around the world.
    Thanks Kylie x

    ReplyDelete