Thursday, February 3, 2011

See ya later mates!

Well, I'm madly washing and chucking things in the suitcases, ready for our trip down under. It's not so much the packing that is the work, as I don't generally iron anything (whats the point, freshly ironed does not cope with being chucked on a plane for 24 hours)...no it's trying to get the linen, towels and various winter clothing washed so that I don't come back to a mountain of laundry!

 But, aside from all of that, I will be in my house soon to be greeted by this big fat thing...




Puss (he want's to remain anonymous) has had a complete lifestyle change since I left. The poor darling never knows when anyone is going to be home...my kids work late and come and go at all hours. If one of them goes away on holidays he gets particularly nervous, worrying that he's going to be deserted. He has been known to wake my son up early in the morning by dancing around on his chest.
Being the clever cat that he is, he has worked out how to be fed two dinners...he just simply carries on like his throat has been cut, then whoever happens to be home assumes that Puss hasn't been fed! Every time I see him he has grown considerably around the middle.




I'm sure after a certain amount of tormenting by mummy, and after I've chased him around the house for three weeks, he will lose some weight...(hopefully so will I).

I plan to post from Australia, as I'm dying to try out my son's new camera...so stay tuned!

In the meantime, be good and see ya later!

5 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic trip! Sounds far but very warm :) Hoping you have good movies on the plane too - that's always my favorite part XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip. maybe I'll run into you when you're here? BTW lots of heavy rain and flooding here this weekend. 117mm in Scoresby and surrounds. Hope puss didn't get his feet wet!

    ReplyDelete