| Entrez s'il vous plait.. |
Last weekend I visited the region of Normandy in France, primarily to see the D-Day landing beaches and the Australian and U.S. memorials, all of which were very moving and emotive. Whilst I think about what I will post in relation to these sites, I thought I would share some of the photos taken at the various villages and towns in the region.
On the Picardy coast, the pretty village of 'Saint Valery-sur-Somme', which means St. Valery on the Somme River looks out over an estuary and across the mud flats towards distant towns. It is quite a moody sort of scenery especially when the tide is out, however the river fills up quickly and very soon there are little yachts and fishing boats cruising by.
Walking around the village is a lovely experience as the outlook changes from one overlooking the mudflats and banks of the river, to pretty streetscapes showcasing a mix of old buildings and houses. There is even a ruin of a prison where Jeanne d'Arc was imprisioned prior to being burned at the stake in Rouen.
| A gorgeous leafy home. |
| A little shabby around the edges! |
| What's behind those doors! |
| Closed for business! |
| Lovely chairs behind the gate! |
| A shop front. |
| Don't you just want to buy some cheese! |
| Muddy flats! |
A little shabby decay is so beautiful, no? See you in BYW...
ReplyDelete