A couple of days ago, in London, I met some bloggers at an afternoon tea organised by Laura, whom I first met last year.
She picked an amazing venue called Sketch...a visual feast for bloggers armed with cameras...
The food was beautifully presented, and together with French champagne and an extensive tea menu...we happily fed our faces..
...and got to know each other. There is nothing like a
We met in The Glade with it's decoupaged fairytale forest and later had the opportunity to look around this wonderful venue..
We found scrumptious cakes on display in The Parlour...
...resplendent in it's decor with this amazing light fixture. Everywhere we looked there was innovative and creative detail..
including the staff who appeared in various costumes..
An example of a controversial art installation, one of two Madonnas which had arrived the day we visited...
But...are you ready for the loos....
Talk about blow my mind..subdued lighting, mirrors, sparkling crystals...
spiderwebs, neon lights...and blimey...have a look at the toilet roll..
it has it's own trapeze!!
Now, from the sublime to the ridiculous...
these eggs are fair dinkum individual toilet cubicles...built in what was the original carriage house attached to this building...
What can I say...
except..it was fantastic to meet you all...Sarah & baby Sophie, Selena, Liz, Charlotte, Becky, Gesci, Louise, Belinda and Sarah-Jane...and thankyou Laura for organizing such a fun day. xx
Great post Robynne,
ReplyDeleteWe had a brilliant time didn't we.
Your photos are amazing, and you even managed to capture the crystal encrusted loos !
Hope we are able to get together again soon.
Have a lovely weekend,
Liz x
Hello Robynne
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous venue Sketch is and wonderfully selected by Laura. The tea has me hungering for a scone.
It must have been a huge success for you to spent three hours visiting.
Thanks for sharing
what a blast!
ReplyDeletei saw this place on the real housewives of nyc-soooooo cool.
smiles to you.
michele
I missed the 'Eat Cake' photo-op - too cute! It was a fantastic day, wasn't it?! I'm so glad you were there!! Have a great weekend, XOLaura
ReplyDeleteWow - that looks like an amazing place!
ReplyDeleteLiz @ Shortbread & Ginger
I've now read three different accounts of the afternoon - and each makes me more and more envious that I was in the depths of East London and not having a glamorous afternoon at Sketch...my hairdresser always keeps recommending it to me and I have never been - after seeing your photos I think this is something I definitely need to remedy!
ReplyDeleteAs I've mentioned to Laura I'm very much hoping that there is another of these planned for the future...and happy to bring my accent along with me!!
What great photos! It was lovely meeting you and was such a memorable day. Can't wait for the next one!
ReplyDeleteJust found my way over here via Laura :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible venue! And those loos!!! It would be worth a trip from Wales to London just to see them!
Wow! That is one amazing and interesting place. How lovely to get together - I bet you had a ball.
ReplyDeletex
What an amazing place, certainly somewhere to put on a "to do" list!
ReplyDeleteRobynne, it was so lovely chatting with you at the tea! It really was a great day, wasn't it?! x
ReplyDeleteoh wow Rob !!!! Oh how I soooo want to go there !!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you girls had a great time. What an amazing place!
ReplyDeleteWasn't it just a brilliant, brilliant day? I loved it! It was so nice being able to properly put a face to your lovely writing voice!
ReplyDeleteSarahx
La di da! How terribly posh. So glad you had a great time Robynne. I have been missing you and your lovely blog. Hoping all is well. Love and hugs, Linda xx
ReplyDeleteEven the thing that would hold the toilet paper was artistic. That's nuts.
ReplyDeleteHi Robynne, so lovely to hear from you. Hope you are having an absolute ball with your sister. I am so like you with the dark pink hydrangea, there are several in my street, and I lust after them every time I pass. I feel like such a criminal. We have a lilac tree at the top of the street, but in that garden, they have let the fence fall down and the lilac and other things tumble into the street, so I oblige once a year with a little pruning! Thank you for your comments. Looking forward to finding out what you have been up to. With much love, Linda x
ReplyDeleteI am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.
ReplyDeleteHey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.
ReplyDelete