Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer is here...in May!

Hi there...yes I'm still alive...just been away...had to go home to Oz for a while and I've returned to a very green and beautiful England. I cleverly missed all the rain here and I have just enjoyed an absolutely gorgeous week of sunny weather.


The fields are ablaze with yellow rapeseed...


the woods are green and leafy...


even the wildlife is out and about..


colour co-ordinating beautifully with the surrounding fields.


And nothing says summer like butterflies...


These photos were taken at the Butterfly House at Blenheim Palace...we visited on the weekend and walked around the beautiful grounds....


Needless to say, I took loads of photos...and although we had missed the best of the spring flowers there were still plenty of blooms to see..


There were some pink thingamajigs...



and purple somethingorothers...

Luckily there were also some flowers that I knew the names of....


Granny Bonnets...


Poppies..


very pretty Irises...


delicate Bleeding Hearts...


Rhodies dazzling in the sunshine...


distant orange flowers looking beautiful reflected in an ornamental pond...


and finally a magnificent Laburnum.

We have our four day weekend coming up to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee...and of course the weather has gone to pot...but the flags are flying and the bunting is out...will report back next week on the celebrations.

Till then have a great weekend!
                                                    Robx

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back. It was lovely seeing you and lunching together. When I got up this morning - very cold- I was thrilled to see your blog. The pictures were lovely> I wish I could join you for the jubilee celebrations. It brought back all my memories of the Coronation. It was a cold day and drizzled with rain on and off for 2 or three hours. Suddenly the sun came out . After the parade we walked to Buckingham Palace to see all the Royals on the Balcony- a wonderful day. love to you all. ALICE XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob, I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen a post from you for a while. There was nothing in my side bar (but occasionally that doesn't show everything) so I came looking and at almost the exact same moment I refreshed there you are!
    You've obviously been having great fun with your camera as those photos are really stunning.
    Welcome back.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did pick a perfect time to arrive back in the UK (despite the forecast for this coming weekend). The weather last week was simply lovely wasn't it? I love the photos of Blenheim Palace - I was there in spring time last year, and the grounds are lovely.
    Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect time to return. Both for the weather, the flowers and of course the Jubilee.

    I'm counting on you to keep me posted.

    So keep that camera close to hand. Or I'll have to kick you with my good foot.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmyword what a wonderland of lovely you have posted today! is it ok to stick around and stare for a few more hours?

    happy weekend and big smiles to you and your gorgeous images!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Our summer started way too early. I hope the hot temperatures aren't an indicator of a super hot summer! Right now the flowers are gorgeous and everything is way ahead of its normal growth cycle, and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh we went to the butterfly enclosure when we visited too. Thanks for reminding me how pretty it is. Enjoy the English summer.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you, Robynne. I was in London May 17-22nd and was thinking about you. If you have a moment, please stop by to see my take on London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Blog!! Have a nice day! Best wishes from Austria! Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous, especially that Laburnum, you clever thing. Love LInda x

    ReplyDelete